A really, really crazy day with my Droid (long post).

mjs31

Reaction score
I may be wrong but I think you can uninstall apps by simply dragging the icon to the bottom center of the screen. Somebody who wants to get rid of an app can prove me wrong.

that is just for getting rid of the screen icon will not uninstall app

(side note) I have had many wm phones and BB storm as well and I must say every phone has its small faults and some are better at some things than others so not one is the perfect device, but in my opinion this Droid is one kick ass piece of machinery that is fast and sharp, I am loving it!!!
big thing is get used to it like any other and lots dont need to complain when they dont even know......

Couldn't agree more. Best thing to do is push and hold on different things and select the menu button when in different areas. This phone is amazing once people take the time to learn it. Love having so many apps in market as well.

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
I feel your pain. Got home yesterday.. played with it a bit.. put it aside to do some work. Came back.. couldnt get mine to turn on. Figured there must be some sleep mode. No button worked, no tap, slide, multi button press, etc. Held buttons, slide keyboard up/down, press all keyboard buttons, nothing!! I was thinking at this point, it must be me. Googled..nothing. Too new I guess. Took battery out, put it back in, Voila! Back on it goes, battery had full charge.

Went to bed last night. Woke up this morning, same thing..again! WTF??!! Wrote on this board, one other person has the same issue. Went to store, they said I had to bring it in in that mode so they could look at it. I am betitng my life that they wont be able to figure it out. It's most likely either the memory card is bad, or that the phone has some minor defect.

So.. after over 2 years with iPhone and other crappy phones being excited about a phone this much, especially cause I am learning to develop android apps... I am quite pissed that my phone has this issue. :(

coming from a blackberry device, seems like battery pull solution always works in most problems :)

tmuth

Reaction score
I'm having the same car cradle issue. It's driving me nuts. If I have it in just the cradle (without attaching it to the suction cup arm, it works fine. But once I put it on the arm, the buttons stop working!

W.T.F.

mijoko

Reaction score
Beautiful, thanks! I went from 0-100 with a dumbpone to the droid...maybe bit off to much than I can swallow...but I can keep chewing.

spur

Reaction score
Removing an app from the home page.

As I'm sure you all know by now just press and hold the icon, it turns red and the bottom center tab turns into a trash can. Drag the icon and drop it in. Gone