1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

biggest droid defect and problem...and terrible motorola help experience

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by cleanman5, Jan 7, 2010.

1. cleanman5

cleanman5 New Member

Like many people out there having trouble with the droid screen/slider being loose and annoying and its really starting to make me angry. I want to know what's up and what motorola has to say about it. Well i did a lot of research on it, and on every droid help forum this is a fairly big deal, maybe a hardware flaw that i think motorola should address. when i checked the motorola site forums i did some searching.....couldn't find anything on it (strange considering it was made by motorola) the thing is i finally found one person that posted something like it. No one had even commented on it (wait, there are a ton of comments on this problem on other sites) well that was kinda weird. so i checked the next day and i couldn't find that post (do you think moto had something to do with it?). So i called up motorola, in my opinion terrible service. when i started to heat up a little talking to the ignorant employe i asked to be transfered to a manager. First he said "my supervisor is not here"...uh what? b.s. to me......i started to push it and he then told me his supervisor was there but very busy and to call back in an hour. I hung up and called back in less than a minute. I was getting even more heated and i had a hard time with the next employee, next thing i know...silence ( either call dropped or he HUNG UP?? I didn't hear any call dropped alerts) so after two more times of hang ups, (or call lost) i finally reach an employee. you can imagine, yeah i was enraged. first i told him what happened and i want to be transferred, i just got more hassle. I then asked for his employee id. after that he was more help (figures)i asked again, he finally said ok ill get him...so i was on hold and hold and hold finally i get an answer. i explain the problem get more "please hold" and long wait times. this so called manager put me on hold after i told her my problem and told me "they haven't had any complaints about this and nothing on it in the computers. i ask for someone above her she complied. so i get put on hold about 4 times she would come back about every TEN MINUETS and it wasn't like regular hold where there is music but dead silent hold......i actually thought i got cut off a few times......the next guy was level 3 supervision ( how many levels do they have?) after i talked to him it was pretty much over he was alot more straight forward and interrupted a little and said the same thing....nothing on it.....am i the only one with this problem?......need comments and experiences with moto on the phone............i love my droid but all this is making me hate it.......and ask yourself this. why does it seem like google is going back to htc and calling it THE GOOGLE PHONE?.....
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

I've heard few complains about loose sliders.....

And please try some paragraphs....
  3. dylanthecat

dylanthecat New Member

Sorry, but I can not read that many words at one time, but after scanning your message I don't see a question I can answer.
  4. wil318466

wil318466 New Member

Agreed. Its loose. I believe its a design flaw. I believe they won't do anything about it, so I just let it go.

Its annoying, but I can live with it.

-Wil
  5. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

call *611 ask for a new replacement
  6. garrett

garrett Beta Team Theme Developer Developer

see its weird... some people have this issue and some of us dont so i dont think its as widespread as you would think.

when did you purchase your phone?
  7. ntrddragn

ntrddragn New Member

Well if you are still under the return period just return it or trade it in for another one. If its a design flaw then there would be more complains but I don't think it is since mine and two of my friends droid are pretty solid and rigid. And the majority of the people here. It could assembling quality.
  8. Guchi

Guchi New Member

way too many words! but to address your gripe, get a bodyglove shell and it will tighten it right up, i know its not fixed but it will not be loose anymore either
  9. cleanman5

cleanman5 New Member

well it was bought the day before christmas and this is my second droid for the same problem. Sorry about the paragraphs, i suck at writing essays, and im to lazy ha. but yeah ive had plenty of slider phones (all of them very cheap but made better) and this is the only one thats ever messed up on the slide issue. so im pissed that a $200 phone dosent work the way it should. I dont know what to do....and i have insurance, if the nexus comes to verizon can i get that somehow?
  10. crspang

crspang New Member

When say "loose", what exactly do you mean? Does your screen just arbitrarily slide open with little or no resistance?
    Or do you mean loose as in a little wiggle? With mine, if I'm holding it in landscape with the screen closed and push up the bottom right corner the screen will move up at an angle. Is this what you're referring to as loose?
  11. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict Premium Member

Wall of text scares me.... too hard to read.
  12. cleanman5

cleanman5 New Member

like if i put ut in virtual landscape all i hear is a "bb storm"...never dropped it...and when its standing up the whole feft side is a tap storm...i barely have to push at all, more like the weight of my finger.
  13. cleanman5

cleanman5 New Member

i know its bad and hard to read. but if you do read it you will understand it when i say motorola has a horrible help line and they slack. all i want is my moneys worth without the hassle. Why dont some of you try and call and ask about the screen problem to see what they say
  14. Edmvr6

Edmvr6 New Member

Ive heard people complain about this... If you want get a case for it, the seidio case make my sliding keyboard a bit more snugg and looks great, also adds very little bulk
  15. Edmvr6

Edmvr6 New Member

hahahaha... when i first saw all that txt I was about too move on but I was like what the hell it might be interesting..lol
  16. roadrash

roadrash New Member

Did you remove that sticker that comes on the back of the screen side? I've heard some folks complain about the slider being loose after removing that. I've left mine in place just for that reason....mine still takes some effort to slide.
  17. cleanman5

cleanman5 New Member

no. its not that kind of loose. when the phone is closed (with the keypad under screen) it makes a tapping sound everytime i touch it. the further left i go the worse it gets
  18. jahtv98

jahtv98 New Member

I personally do not have that problem...but then again I dont use the slider at all. I have seen a couple of people with that problems though. Bad hardware? Maybe....you either put up with it or you dont. I dont think its a big deal (until the whole thing breaks)
  19. cleanman5

cleanman5 New Member

The point im trying to get across is that this is a 200 dollar phone. I personally think something should work RIGHT for that money. I mean look at the iphone. expensive, great phone, and GREAT build quality and durability
  20. konstructa

konstructa New Member

Yea but mine does have "GREAT build quality and durability". There is something wrong with your SPECIFIC phone NOT all moto droids. My phone is almost to tight when I have a body glove on it. I now jut keep the top rubber rim with the bottom off . I would would go in person to to show someone. (unless you bought it online). I will post if mine ever comes loose but its rock solid now.
Search tags for this page
can the battery defect droid 2 screen

droid 3 defects

droid 4 defects
droid 4 phone defects
droid motorola 2 verizon defects
droide 3 factory defects
moto x defects
motorola defect
motorola defects
motorola droid 4 manufacturer defects

motorola droid problems defects