Droid warranty

WeedR

Reaction score
Hey, I have a question here. I called today to see about getting a warranty replacement because of the headphone jack on my droid. Well, they are telling me its not under warranty because I signed my original contract for a blackberry tour and not the droid. But, my sister used her upgrade on her account and then traded me and I activated the droid on my account. I don't see what would make it so it doesn't have a warranty though?? Anyone know why this would be?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Still should be under warranty. Who are "they"?

Hey, I have a question here. I called today to see about getting a warranty replacement because of the headphone jack on my droid. Well, they are telling me its not under warranty because I signed my original contract for a blackberry tour and not the droid. But, my sister used her upgrade on her account and then traded me and I activated the droid on my account. I don't see what would make it so it doesn't have a warranty though?? Anyone know why this would be?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Verizon is "me" too. Sorry, I should've clarified...a store or customer service?

verizon is "they"

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
W

WeedR

Reaction score
Sorry. I called customer service.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

R

RETG

Would it be that your sister was the original owner of the Droid and she traded you, so you purchased the BB not the droid?

Only reason I can think of, and it kinda makes sense.

OP
W

WeedR

Reaction score
Yeah I went with her to a verizon store. She used her upgrade to get the Droid while I had the blackberry tour. While at the store we traded and activated the Droid on my account and the tour on hers. The phone comes with a warranty. It was still bought brand new through a verizon store so I don't see why it wouldn't have a warranty. Has anyone else had this kind of issue? I can't be the only one! Lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Call back. If they give you any nonsense then ask for a supervisor. That phone is under warranty.

Detonation

Reaction score
Owner shouldn't matter. Verizon's warranty is just an interface for the manufacturer's warranty, so as long as that phone is still within its one year of warranty (which Verizon should be able to tell based on the serial and/or their records of selling it to your sister) they should replace it.

I'd just call again, there is no consistency with the reps.