Droid User: Male or Female?

birddroid

Reaction score
The Droid definately has a masculine feel to it i can see why the poll shows what it does

lisanne53

Reaction score
Back in the day when there were cigarette ads on TV, Virginia Slims was advertised as the woman's cigarette--Steve Martin said, "What, they have little breasts on them??"

My droid is very fem to me. Sleek, clear, pleasing to the eye (resolution pleasing to my older eyes as well), complicated, works hard and nice to hold...oh wait, I'm a straight female. Getting carried away with my analogy.

Nat3Th3Ap3

Reaction score
I am a male haha. I think the females kinda think the phone is kinda ugly. Well my fiance thinks it is too bulky and square.

Mars

Reaction score
an Iphone fanboy dared to call my Droid a homo phone woooooow really? when the iphone is like the worlds most popular smartphone for women!

tomato88

Reaction score
I am a 21 year old female student who also works full time. I'm one of those people who just doesn't want to carry a laptop around with me everywhere. I love my Droid and I like how it looks as well. I love that I can do pretty much everything on the Droid that I can from my laptop and I need a physical keyboard. Besides, anything described as a girl phone is just a turn off for me. Long live the Droid!
Hey! I'm a 21 year old male who bought the Droid for the same reason; to not bring the laptop to school.

tucripper

Reaction score
I have used Pocket PC in one form or another since '97 starting with a Symbian then a Palm Pilot and finishing with an Ipaq PPC. My DROID smokes them all and the Ipaq is going on Ebay here shortly lol:)

lhwilson

Reaction score
Count me in as another female who likes the Droid's look & feel. It's sleek w/o resorting to the overly rounded corner look of the iPhone. I wouldn't say the Droid is masculine as much as that it appeals more to the minimalist, less futzy design taste...male or female.

drmcstford

Reaction score
20 year old Man who just ordered his Droid !!:icon_ banana: Damm UPS better hurry :icon_evil:

myriad46

Reaction score
Is this really a suprise? No to be sterotypical, but there are not that many chicks who are gonna blow their paycheck on gadgets.

fgw

Reaction score
Love my Droid

Ok - I am a female Droid owner. I like the way it looks. I like gadgets. I like the way it works. I like the weight of it. I could care less that it is "square." It works. My Storm was square too - didn't work. I know several other female Droid owners and don't really see why anyone would think it is a man's phone. Last time I checked - it's a phone - it's a great phone - it's a smart phone and I know lots of smart women who love this phone!!!!!!

Phillipsave

Reaction score
Android is for Boys? 73 Percent of Users Are Male

By Jane McEntegart, published on February 26, 2010 at 9:30 PM
Source: Tom's Guide US | Keywords: Android, iPhone, Pre, Men, Women | Themes: 3GSM, Smartphones Syndication:

Verizon has gotten a little bit of criticism (mostly from the wimminfolk, really) for marketing the DROID the way that it has. The commercials are clearly geared toward men and a lot of chicks don't think that's fair.
However, it would seem that Verizon is just in targeting men in its advertising. AdMob recently ran an opt-in survey and garnered information from nearly 1,000 smartphone owners. The survey resulted in some very interesting gender- and age-related statistics.
Android users are predominantly male; just 27 percent of Android smartphone owners are female. This is the only smartphone group with such a large divide between male and female customer base but it seems as a whole, more men own smartphones than women.
As far as ages go, it looks like the 25-34 demographic are buying more Android phones than any other age group, with 30 percent of Android owners sitting within this age-range. Next in line is 35-44 year olds with 21 percent.
So how did everyone else do? For the iPhone, when it comes to men vs. women, things are pretty even with 57 percent male and 43 percent female. The 25-34 and 35-44 age groups accounted for 42 percent of iPhone owners (21 percent each).