USB A Female to Mini USB B male

goldwingnut

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

New to the Droid X.

Does anyone know if connecting a USB Flash Drive to the Droid X with this device will work... In other words, is the OS capable of recognizing a USB Flash Drive.

USB A Female to Mini USB B male

USBAFemaletoMiniUSBB.jpg

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to the X general discussion section. If you do not receive any replies look in the X accessory or technical sections.

Mike

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
is the OS capable of recognizing a USB Flash Drive?

No it is not able to.

DWIM

Reaction score
Assuming the picture is correct, look at the USB end that you believe will fit into the Droid. The one showing in the picture is different than what fits into the Droid. Sorry, I don't know the real names for each of the mini-USB types of connectors (the physical connectors). In the past, I've done a web search and found pictures showing the different connectors (too lazy here to search, find, and post here).

That said, again looking at the posted picture, you appear to be asking about a female - male connector. That should be just a gender changer. I can't see why that'd be a problem. I use gender changers (I carry them w/me) and have no problem.

What to do? First look on the web to find good pictures showing what the USB male is you need to plug into the Droid (hope I'm not being too elementary here for you - don't mean to). Then look for a gender changer that'll go from USB-B female (which is I think the other end you want) to whatever you (correctly) find for the Droid end.

All that said, this is what I do: I use Gomadic connectors. I'm not connected in any way w/them; just use their products to connect to Macs, Droids, PCs, various cell phones, some of the (much) older (and idiosyncratic) connectors used by other cell phone suppliers, USB-B to USB-A, USB gender changing, etc, etc. Turns out the connector I use (a Gomadic tip #68) works on both Droids, a MiFi access point, and a few other things. The other end of the Gomadic is a standard USB-B so it plugs into every computer (Macs & PCs) and pwr plug-in (car 'cigarette lighter'), Mac (white) pwr bricks & other 110v pwr supplies. I use other Gomadic connectors (there's one for the picture you show above) that I use to USB into the Nikon I've got, etc.

Hope all this helps.

mewshi

Reaction score
Nope, it wont work, unfortunately. There's no host capability on the droids, unfortunately.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App