Droid User: Male or Female?

hellokitty

Reaction score
i knew the men would out number the women with the droid. the droid is more of a manly looking phone to me. all i ever see are men in the droid forums oppose to blackberry where there is more of a balanced mix. i love my droid as i love my berry.

sophia1212

Reaction score
interesting question/poll. I just got my droid this afternoon, but yesterday when I was talking to several people about the droid and eris, there were some opinions that the droid was a man phone and the eris is for women. That alone made me get the droid. It's a frikkin phone. not briefcase. lol! Just to spite (who, I don't know), I think I will manicure it paint it pink on the edges and glue little sparklies on the clear cover that I got for it. :D

The eris does less than the Droid, right? hmm.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
My guess was right on. I think the iPhone will remain more popular with the ladies as it's a"cuter" phone.

cyber3d

Reaction score
Actually a forum like this is exactly where I will get the most pertinent statistics for the developer!

Remember Reach

Reaction score
My guess was right on. I think the iPhone will remain more popular with the ladies as it's a"cuter" phone.
Sure. Just take a look at the differences in the advertising campaigns for the most obvious example of that.

Apple uses a white, minimalist background, a human hand, and feel-good music while showing off some app.

Verizon/Google, meanwhile, use a phone in a holder with no human visible anywhere, while the background is sort of a cluttered, sparking type deal that screams "WE AREN'T APPLE!"

luckmylife

Reaction score
I am a 21 year old female student who also works full time. I'm one of those people who just doesn't want to carry a laptop around with me everywhere. I love my Droid and I like how it looks as well. I love that I can do pretty much everything on the Droid that I can from my laptop and I need a physical keyboard. Besides, anything described as a girl phone is just a turn off for me. Long live the Droid!

BIG_RED

Reaction score
I am 22 female and let me tell you what I am absolutely a droid user plus MIAMI1683(supermod here) is my boyfriend so I am totally a fan of my droid and his lol!!!

Dankinia

Reaction score
I am a 33 year old female who has used Palm Smartphones for several years now. I was ready for a new phone and decided that the Droid would fit my needs better then an iphone (plus I didn't want to change carriers) while the phone doesn't look "girly", I think it looks sleek and suits me. I don't decide what phones, computers, or other gadets to buy based on how they look, I decide based on how they preform.

I tend to research my electronic purchases online and I actully found this forum before I bought the Droid. I used the information gained here to decide if it would be the right phone for me. I must say that I am absolutly thrilled with my Droid and have no plans to ever go back to Palm.

Wendy

Reaction score
Female here! I ordered a hot pink leather case to make my Droid more feminine. LOL

Wendy

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
The females will probably flock to it once people get over the learning curve. Its a gadget freak device for now and I feel it has as much style points as the iPhone its just not had enough circulation time. :motdroidvert:

Raine

Reaction score
women & Droid

Like several other women who have commented here, I depend on my phone for functionality, and the Droid won, bigtime, when it came to that. I loved the look of the Eris, because it is softer and prettier, but after a couple of days of using the Droid, I couldn't imagine that the Eris would meet my work/social/etc. needs as well. I hope that the Droid will eventually be a little less clunky, but for now, I've gotten used to its weight and the nerdy square corners.:motdroidhoriz:

givmedew

Reaction score
This poll does not give any indication of the % of droid users who are male or female. I sell many droids per day and the sales are much more mixed than this poll indicates. The reason for this is that the poll is only measuring the percentage of forum members that are male or female and who are willing to click on and perform the poll.

A lot of women are buying the droid for a different reason than men are therefore will also seek for answers to questions in different. They will also have different questions about the phones. Also my observation is that the majority of people who have problems with droids are men not women further supporting that the behavior between men and women in relationship to the droid is much different.

The only reason I say all this is I saw a comment somewhere about this being relevant to a developer. I sold 3 droid today and all of them where to women. I don't believe this poll represents the % of women who use the droid.