Droid update this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Over on androidforums.com a user said that they called Verizon and Motorola and neither knew anything about it and Verizon advised not too install it. I myself have not received the update so I don't know what to think

The reps won't know untill it's announced. Stay patient we should know more soon :)

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
Over on androidforums.com a user said that they called Verizon and Motorola and neither knew anything about it and Verizon advised not too install it. I myself have not received the update so I don't know what to think

The reps won't know untill it's announced. Stay patient we should know more soon :)

I had a issue with my droid today so i called verizon. my droid wouldnt send or recieve MMS, well they had my reset the phone and it works like new. but when i was on the phone with the level 2 tech support, i asked him about the 2.1 update, he said he had NO IDEA at all when it was coming out.

Reaction score

What do you mean STAY patient? You assume we were all patient to begin with...

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

What do you mean STAY patient? You assume we were all patient to begin with...

Sorry I am very patient. I could be the last guy on the planet to get it and would wait. See my Droid works as its supposed to so i'm in no hurry :icon_ devil:.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a issue with my droid today so i called verizon. my droid wouldnt send or recieve MMS, well they had my reset the phone and it works like new. but when i was on the phone with the level 2 tech support, i asked him about the 2.1 update, he said he had NO IDEA at all when it was coming out.

You do realize that means absolutely nothing? A Verizon rep probably won't find out about it until we do.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You do realize that means absolutely nothing? A Verizon rep probably won't find out about it until we do.

Well know for sure before they do :icon_ banana:. I will have 2.1 before my local store knows it's been released :icon_ devil:

Arkainzeye

Reaction score

Your probably right about the info that verizon guy has means nothing. but so far so has the info we have been getting recently on when the update is coming. so far one date has come and gone. how many more will do the same.. Its one thing to Not know and tell someone you dont know. its another to just guess or say, my cousins uncles former roomate said.. lol

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Your probably right about the info that verizon guy has means nothing. but so far so has the info we have been getting recently on when the update is coming. so far one date has come and gone. how many more will do the same.. Its one thing to Not know and tell someone you dont know. its another to just guess or say, my cousins uncles former roomate said.. lol

The only thing I heard up until this week wasa exptec 2.0.2 for some bug fixes on Jan. 22nd. That date hasn't past yet, but. We COULD see 2.1 instead of that. I stress the word COULD because as good as that information is. It is subject to change :mad:.

Once VZW and Moto are ready they will make the announcement. IF we get a better time table soon we will post it up for everyone to soo. Remeber at VZW people have been terminated for leaking information and pictures :icon_eek:. The last thing we want is to have someone lose thier job over leaking an internal document

windstrings

Reaction score
*** Note: Droid users do not need to update.
I guess same story with google maps... too bad they just don't show "installed" like the downloaded ones....
Thanks for the clarification.

My Google Maps shows as installed, and now that I've installed the Market FB app that shows as installed as well. :p

I wonder if you uninstall your downloaded FB you would still have your old one and it won't show installed anymore?

When we get 2.1, I guess it will overwrite your existing FB if yours is current and there will be no changes?......

carbine

Reaction score
I guess same story with google maps... too bad they just don't show "installed" like the downloaded ones....
Thanks for the clarification.

My Google Maps shows as installed, and now that I've installed the Market FB app that shows as installed as well. :p

I wonder if you uninstall your downloaded FB you would still have your old one and it won't show installed anymore?

When we get 2.1, I guess it will overwrite your existing FB if yours is current and there will be no changes?......

Lol doesn't matter much anyways. The FB app is horrid to begin with. Facebook really dropped the ball and I can't believe the Android devs put it as a default app with it being so lacking. :p

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
OK I got the mystery update this morning and downloaded it. I found nothing different.
Just went to Facebook in the market and downloaded (updated) the app. I had tried several times to update with "Unsuccessful" as a result. This time it loaded and updated fine.

I am in South Jersey FYI

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK I got the mystery update this morning and downloaded it. I found nothing different.
Just went to Facebook in the market and downloaded (updated) the app. I had tried several times to update with "Unsuccessful" as a result. This time it loaded and updated fine.

I am in South Jersey FYI

It's not mystery update. I do have some information as to what it is. It is a maintenance update only right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.