Droid update this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypnotic

Reaction score
this is like a remake of 2.0.1. like a patch for wondows as an update. The Droid needs this patch. The Eris needs a it's own patch. I am not sure what you mean

To be more precise I wasn't sure if somehow the droid didn't need this patch and this patch was just for the other phones that could have an issue with coding or some other issue seeing as even on the facebook page it says Droid users do not need to update, but yeaah do you catch what I'm saying now?

I was also mentioning it because I haven't heard of any moto droid users getting the update, but I could be wrong.

Everyone in this thread who got the update is carrying a Droid I thought. The answer to your question is I am not sure, but I am sure it will be pushed to all droids. That means that all Droids "should" be ready for the 2.1 OTA update when I arrives. It will arrive very soon. This is the second maintanance release for the Droid in 2 months. Nice track record if you ask me

Then my misunderstanding the droid update sign on the facebook page threw me off, but yeah...I'm still hoping for the 2.1 update on the 22nd

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be more precise I wasn't sure if somehow the droid didn't need this patch and this patch was just for the other phones that could have an issue with coding or some other issue seeing as even on the facebook page it says Droid users do not need to update, but yeaah do you catch what I'm saying now?

I was also mentioning it because I haven't heard of any moto droid users getting the update, but I could be wrong.

Everyone in this thread who got the update is carrying a Droid I thought. The answer to your question is I am not sure, but I am sure it will be pushed to all droids. That means that all Droids "should" be ready for the 2.1 OTA update when I arrives. It will arrive very soon. This is the second maintanance release for the Droid in 2 months. Nice track record if you ask me

Then my misunderstanding the droid update sign on the facebook page threw me off, but yeah...I'm still hoping for the 2.1 update on the 22nd

Will you be happy if it started by the end of the month :icon_ devil:. This maintanance release may be finshed by the 22nd

Hypnotic

Reaction score

Will you be happy if it started by the end of the month :icon_ devil:. This maintanance release may be finshed by the 22nd

Lol I think I can wait a week :p I really don't know why I'm so excited for the update. Live wallpapers and stuff, but thats pretty much what I'm excited for...the more I think about the more silly it seems to be impatient about it.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Lol I think I can wait a week :p I really don't know why I'm so excited for the update. Live wallpapers and stuff, but thats pretty much what I'm excited for...the more I think about the more silly it seems to be impatient about it.

I agree. Again my Droid is as excellent as it was on day one

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If all droids have to get this push first then I highly doubt that we all will be on 2.1. by 2/22.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If all droids have to get this push first then I highly doubt that we all will be on 2.1. by 2/22.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.

You mean 1/22 and no you aren't wrong but by 2/22 that's way out there.....we'l; be thinking about 2.1.1 by then :icon_ devil:

Hypnotic

Reaction score

I think what I get anxious over is the idea of an update could bring better applications atm I'm slightly disappointed at the free apps of the market. This is after coming from an ipod and having the apps, but at the same time I know the droid is new and will take some time to catch up, but its getting there.

R1Lover

Reaction score
I got this update today as well... 61MB or whatnot, 2.0.1. I got all excited then realized I heard someone got the same thing a couple days ago.

Model Number: Droid

Firmware Version: 2.0.1

Baseband Version: C_01.3E.01P

Kernel Version: 2.6.29-omap1-g0dd7e0b
android-build@apa26 #511

Build Number: ESD56

Noticed no differences yet.

Those are the same specs I received on my first and only 2.0.1 update from 2.0.0

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I think what I get anxious over is the idea of an update could bring better applications atm I'm slightly disappointed at the free apps of the market. This is after coming from an ipod and having the apps, but at the same time I know the droid is new and will take some time to catch up, but its getting there.

Well what kind of apps do you want? I know the new FIOS app is rocking. There is a Directv app coming (100% positive on that one) The Iphone is 3 years old and has had time to mature!

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Here's hoping I'm wrong.

You mean 1/22 and no you aren't wrong but by 2/22 that's way out there.....we'l; be thinking about 2.1.1 by then :icon_ devil:

LOL you mean we're still in January?

Yes I meant 1/22.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got this update today as well... 61MB or whatnot, 2.0.1. I got all excited then realized I heard someone got the same thing a couple days ago.

Model Number: Droid

Firmware Version: 2.0.1

Baseband Version: C_01.3E.01P

Kernel Version: 2.6.29-omap1-g0dd7e0b
android-build@apa26 #511

Build Number: ESD56

Noticed no differences yet.

Those are the same specs I received on my first and only 2.0.1 update from 2.0.0

The patch is included in the new bulid...:).

Hypnotic

Reaction score

Well what kind of apps do you want? I knwo the new FIOS app is rocking. There is a Directv app coming (100% positive on that one) The Iphone is 3 years old and has had time to mature

Exactly, but a lot of the things I miss are the facebook app and a lot of the games. At the same time a lot of the apps that I found interesting are not present on the droid at this moment, but I think the flash update will add a lot of what I'm looking for and at the same time I'm getting annoyed at the youtube app which keeps saying a lot of the videos cannot be played etc....

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well what kind of apps do you want? I knwo the new FIOS app is rocking. There is a Directv app coming (100% positive on that one) The Iphone is 3 years old and has had time to mature

Exactly, but a lot of the things I miss are the facebook app and a lot of the games. At the same time a lot of the apps that I found interesting are not present on the droid at this moment, but I think the flash update will add a lot of what I'm looking for and at the same time I'm getting annoyed at the youtube app which keeps saying a lot of the videos cannot be played etc....

I understand completely..that's gonna require patience

Hypnotic

Reaction score

Which I do have and why I love this forum xD. I always learn something new (usually...) and when I do it entertains me for quite some time ;p

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Which I do have and why I love this forum xD. I always learn something new (usually...) and when I do it entertains me for quite some time ;p

Glad to hear that! Keep with it it's only going to get better

Status
Not open for further replies.