return to 2.01 without root

ralphtrent

Reaction score
Hello
I have tried searching but have not exactly found what i was looking for. If I had 2.1 and I want to go back to 2.01. What are the steps? I have an 2.01 update.zip, i put that on my sd card and tried to update the phoen (power+x, apply update.zip on sd) but that fails. I also looked at the "[How to]Back to Stock" message on here, but it looks like the device needs nanadroid or su access which mine does not. (I thought that was not avaiable for 2.1).

So anyway, is there a simple way to go back to 2.01 from 2.1 with out needing any root or su access?

Thanks

jimnutt

Reaction score
In a word, no. It is possible, but requires a PC and some specialized software. Someone who knows more can give more details.

OP
ralphtrent

ralphtrent

Reaction score
OK I have the PC part, do I need to go through the ADB jus like that How To mentions? At the quick glance I made at it, it sounded like i needed a custom rom or something. My phone was 2.01 stock.

OP
ralphtrent

ralphtrent

Reaction score

ldimick

Reaction score

bill1253

Reaction score

Thanks, I will have to take a look at home. It looks pretty simple. I assume your phone does NOT need to be unusable to do this, as that is what the post leads to. A fully functional phone should be able to performe these steps as well, correct?

yes, I used this method to install the 2.1ese53sbf file to get the new baseband a few weeks ago. I used a laptop win7 32 bit had no problems. The hard part was rooting it.
Take your time and read. There are plenty more forum questions on here, Do a search for sbf

Last edited:
OP
ralphtrent

ralphtrent

Reaction score
Great thanks guys, like I said it looks very easy. I have another question about the RDS tool, but I will look through that post before possible reposting. (ie my phone does not show when I have it cradled and i hit show device)

bananazx

Reaction score
Very easy to do and foolproof. After updating to 2.1, I went back to stock 2.0.1 and to Smoked glass 6.0.1.

OP
ralphtrent

ralphtrent

Reaction score
OK this is odd. I did as the post said, It said the result was fail, but my phone came back with 2.01 just like I wanted. Any clue?