Droid Tether- MMO- FFXI

ginxed

Reaction score
I have my droid tethered to my pc- I've tried both EasyTether, and PDANet.. and i've ended up with the same issue-

the issue is, I use my phone for most of my internet needs (my ISP for my home makes me cry) But i also play mmo's- WoW seems to work great, no lag... but when i play final fantasy xi, i get random freezes with the data transfer... it freezes on the Send and doesnt Recieve, it shows it on both the game and on my phone...

any ideas on what might be causing this? i thought it was my phone being defective, but after talking to verizon tech support, and them sending me with another phone and it having the same issue-- ... i'm out of ideas... =s

:icon_ banana: <--- going bananas

Last edited:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Howcome you aren't using the main Wireless Tether application? It's the only one I've ever heard of actually...seems like its the one everyone uses. Because I've never heard of any of those you mentioned man. I guarantee you will find more success with this one. This tether app is like THE tether app for android....

Get it here straight from Google :)

And welcome to DroidForums!!!

Neko

Reaction score
Howcome you aren't using the main Wireless Tether application? It's the only one I've ever heard of actually...seems like its the one everyone uses. Because I've never heard of any of those you mentioned man. I guarantee you will find more success with this one. This tether app is like THE tether app for android....

Get it here straight from Google :)

And welcome to DroidForums!!!

Were all NOT rooted you know.

demon69120

Reaction score
Wow, I am amazed that you can play WoW with your phone's 3g. Try using the Wireless Tether app if you're rooted (if you have a wireless receiver in your computer).

Since it's not allowed to tether I'm surprised Verizon replace it for "Not Tethering in FFXI".

Let's assume that the 3g connection isn't sufficient enough to handle all the data transferring in FFXI.

pudah

Reaction score
I have my droid tethered to my pc- I've tried both EasyTether, and PDANet.. and i've ended up with the same issue-

the issue is, I use my phone for most of my internet needs (my ISP for my home makes me cry) But i also play mmo's- WoW seems to work great, no lag... but when i play final fantasy xi, i get random freezes with the data transfer... it freezes on the Send and doesnt Recieve, it shows it on both the game and on my phone...

any ideas on what might be causing this? i thought it was my phone being defective, but after talking to verizon tech support, and them sending me with another phone and it having the same issue-- ... i'm out of ideas... =s

:icon_ banana: <--- going bananas

Verizon replaced your phone for an app you aren't supposed to run not working properly? PdaNET circumvents a paid VZW service. I would not tell them of problems I was having with it.