Droid RAZR Overclocking?

_base2

Reaction score
To the credit of droidxer... oc-ing does make things smoother if you can find an "optimum" speed and voltage. My D1's optimum was 1.1 ghz on raidzero's LV kernel... ran like a champ. If I went lower voltage (without decrease in clock speed) or higher clock speed (without increase in voltage) it would not run as smoothly.

If I had to guess, the optimum clock speed of the RAZR is somewhere between 1.4 and 1.6. Just a guess but just judging from experience w ti-omap chipsets.

And the Razr does have some VERY cpu-intensive transitions and lockscreen. Not often, but every now and then i could use a little additional headroom. But don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. This phone is fast as crap especially compared to my d1 lol

I gave my bro my d1 and got him setup on cm and got it running crazy smooth. Crazy fast transitions and awesome battery life (25+ hours... so jealous) but it can't touch the RAZR when it comes to sheer power (gpu and io)

[ sent from _base2 ]

sameolzac

Reaction score
I rooted my razr today, and I might be wrong because I'm new at all this,
but before I had to restore my phone I had to restore my phone because of fonts that I changed,
I had the app Rom toolkit and there's two sliders to make a minimum and a maximum speed,
I didn't have the money for the set CPU app, I think the speed went up to 1200,
I was surprised by the smoothness of the games and transitions, I have alot to learndancedroid

ex0rcist

Reaction score
To the credit of droidxer... oc-ing does make things smoother if you can find an "optimum" speed and voltage. My D1's optimum was 1.1 ghz on raidzero's LV kernel... ran like a champ. If I went lower voltage (without decrease in clock speed) or higher clock speed (without increase in voltage) it would not run as smoothly.

If I had to guess, the optimum clock speed of the RAZR is somewhere between 1.4 and 1.6. Just a guess but just judging from experience w ti-omap chipsets.

And the Razr does have some VERY cpu-intensive transitions and lockscreen. Not often, but every now and then i could use a little additional headroom. But don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. This phone is fast as crap especially compared to my d1 lol

I gave my bro my d1 and got him setup on cm and got it running crazy smooth. Crazy fast transitions and awesome battery life (25+ hours... so jealous) but it can't touch the RAZR when it comes to sheer power (gpu and io)

[ sent from _base2 ]

Xda? Forget them. Rootzwiki baby. Overclocking WITH voltage control. Bionics.. thrills and rzrs and atrixses laying down sgs 2 shattering benchmarks. I got 1.375 ghz. Laid down 7400 cfbench. Check it out moto lovers! taka is the man too, very helpful.. he helped alot on milestone oc modules. And he is also a rzr owner. But helped me alot with my bionic. Looks like top score thus far is a bionic at 1700mhz .. but it has stability issues.. linpacks suffer. But he laid down SERIOUSE #s in cfbench and antutu.. can anyone say hello asus Prime #s?