Razr Overclocking

wolfe69

Reaction score
I am running the .215 leak. I want to overclock but I have 2 questions: First, can anyone recommend an app to overclock with (I tried SetCPU and Android Overclock but neither will let me exceed 1200mhz) and secondly, will the kernel support undervolting?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am running the .215 leak. I want to overclock but I have 2 questions: First, can anyone recommend an app to overclock with (I tried SetCPU and Android Overclock but neither will let me exceed 1200mhz) and secondly, will the kernel support undervolting?

This is just my opinion ...

If you want the best battery life UNDERclock it ... that's what I do, and my battery life is great. Overclocking is simply going to gnaw on the battery and you really won't see much difference ... I use profiles in SetCPU to underclock it. :)

SargeUSMC

Reaction score
I downloaded AnTuTu, and it tells me at the startup to be sure the kernel supports non standard frequencies. So before I go monkeying around with clock speeds, does the default kernel provide the necessary support, or does it need to be upgraded.

Never thought about slowing the thing down, so to speak. I'd like to play with it in each direction to see what happens.

nhepler90

Reaction score
MattyP said:

If you want the best battery life UNDERclock it ... that's what I do, and my battery life is great. Overclocking is simply going to gnaw on the battery and you really won't see much difference ... I use profiles in SetCPU to underclock it. :)

I've heard a lot of people saying over clocking eats away battery life, on my DROID 1 and DROID 3 I over clocked them and got phenomenal battery life (about a day and a half) and now on my RAZR maxx I have it set to 1200 megahertz performance and I have gotten two and a half days out of the battery. I have a profile set to under clock to 300 megahertz when the screen is off is all.

youngreezy

Reaction score

Question?? So your saying overclocking on 1200 mhz wont change at all? So what can i do to make better performance... im overclocked supposedly to 1200 mhz and it seems more liquid smooth in fact.....but i dont understand how a 1200mhz is to overclock a phone with 1.2ghz cores

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

teksavag

Reaction score
If you truly want to overclock the Droid Razr the only way I know how is to install the motomizer app it's on the market and you can manually set CPU limit. I believe the highest that you can run it stable as at around 1.325... Any higher and you can seriously mess it up.