1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Milestone Overclock?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by DrFeelgood, Jan 6, 2011.

1. DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood New Member

To overclock my Droid 2, I'm using an app called Milestone Overclock because I don't wanna pay for SetCPU if I don't have to. The problem is, Milestone Overclock only lets you overclock to either 1.3 ghz or 1.15 ghz and you can't change the voltage or any other settings like that. I'm currently running at 1.3ghz.

I was wondering if I should be worried about stability issues because I can't change the voltage and if I should just buy SetCPU, so should I?
  2. droidmatic

droidmatic New Member

You would know if the low voltage was causing problems because you would get a ton of fcs and what not. As far as getting setcpu goes, that's kinda just up to you. If you can run 1.3 on stock voltage and that's all you need, I guess you don't need to. The only thing you need to worry about is over heating, but you probably know that.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  3. DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood New Member

I actually got a temperature warning a few days ago. I'm being more careful now but if it gets worse I'll probably buy SetCPU
  4. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

I think you should get the app. SetCPU not only lets you overclock, it helps protect your phone. If your cpu or battery starts to run too hot, SetCPU steps in and turns things down until it gets cooler. You do this by setting up profiles in the app. I've included a screen shot of my profiles. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

5. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

I would more suggest getting the Droid overclock app by jrummy16. It let's you overclock and change voltages and has setcpu like profiles.

tappin and a talkin
Search tags for this page

overclock milestone x2