Essential Root Apps?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK gang ... I gots me a brand new Razr Maxx, rooted and tethered right after it was fresh out of the box ... :biggrin:

When I rooted my Droid 2, I had a host of root apps ... Overclock, SetCPU, File managers, and the like. (Titanium Backup is a given) LOL

What's your suggestions for essential apps for a rooted Razr Maxx? What apps can you not live without on your rooted phone? :icon_ devil:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
You just went from a rooted Moto phone running GB to another rooted Moto phone running GB. You went to the next block not the next planet! Everything is pretty much the same! ;)

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You just went from a rooted Moto phone running GB to another rooted Moto phone running GB. You went to the next block not the next planet! Everything is pretty much the same! ;)

OK but the Maxx is sooooo much faster than the D2, is there really any need to overclock it? Seems to me like that would unnecessarily chew on a much better battery, or am I wrong?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
OK but the Maxx is sooooo much faster than the D2, is there really any need to overclock it? Seems to me like that would unnecessarily chew on a much better battery, or am I wrong?

Um yer asking a guy who has basically the same CPU jacked up to 1.5 :icon_ devil:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rom Toolbox has a whole bunch of apps built in. Backups, Performance, Adblocker and more

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not even sure if there is a method for you guys to overclock?

The utility I used to root, etc includes an overclock tool within the utility. It really is an "all in one" tool ... it will root, unroot, both GB and ICS, overclock, recovery, etc.

The only thing is, I can root like a mofo ... but I really don't have enough knowledge of overclocking, voltages, etc, to do it without possibly doing something wrong and messing up my new Maxx ... but I did have my Droid 2 overclocked using Android Overclock and SetCPU ... it let me pick "profiles" with voltage settings already set. I would rather know what I'm doing than do it anyway and mess something up. It keeps me from having to post a "HELP!!!!!" thread too LOL :biggrin:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The utility I used to root, etc includes an overclock tool within the utility. It really is an "all in one" tool ... it will root, unroot, both GB and ICS, overclock, recovery, etc.

The only thing is, I can root like a mofo ... but I really don't have enough knowledge of overclocking, voltages, etc, to do it without possibly doing something wrong and messing up my new Maxx ... but I did have my Droid 2 overclocked using Android Overclock and SetCPU ... it let me pick "profiles" with voltage settings already set. I would rather know what I'm doing than do it anyway and mess something up. It keeps me from having to post a "HELP!!!!!" thread too LOL :biggrin:

Sounds like you have some reading to do ma'boy! :)

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sounds like you have some reading to do ma'boy! :)

LOL that's what I have been doing all afternoon ... I have the overclock files installed, but the "Android Overclock" app I paid for on my Droid 2 says my device is not supported ... trying to figure out an app to use for overclocking?