droid razr maxx hd is a piece of CRAP

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Nah just saying this phone kinda blows. Plus there is no "real" backup like Samsung or apple. It's ok. But the HTC one takes this phone and pile drives it. Ask peredroid

jfriend33

Reaction score
Wasn't the HTC one released after the maxx hd? Wouldn't a more fair comparison be the droid maxx xt1080m vs the HTC one?

Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a Razr HD as my spare. I just retired it for a GS4. I was able to unlock the bootloader prior to the last update. The phone was great. I just wanted something with more options for accessories. It's not a fair comparison with any of the latest phones. The GS4, LG G2 and the HTC One have more modern designs as they have the S600 or S800 vs just Snapdragon S4 PRO. You wouldn't compare the GS4 to those phones. The GS3 and the HD are in the same generation.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Wasn't the HTC one released after the maxx hd? Wouldn't a more fair comparison be the droid maxx xt1080m vs the HTC one?

Yes. So that makes a six month older phone obsolete? Android 4.4 is out and I can't get it why? That's my point. Not saying the phone is truly obsolete but the fact that the Android OS is so wide spread amongst phones that can handle it vs phones that can't pretty much sums up it's very sloppy

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the limbo list and Motorla/Google isn't helping themselves. If they don't plan to support them, they should unlock the bootloader.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jfriend33

Reaction score
Yes. So that makes a six month older phone obsolete? Android 4.4 is out and I can't get it why? That's my point. Not saying the phone is truly obsolete but the fact that the Android OS is so wide spread amongst phones that can handle it vs phones that can't pretty much sums up it's very sloppy

Go get an iPhone then or learn how to develop a ROM then.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It's ok. But the HTC one takes this phone and pile drives it. Ask peredroid

Well, I never quite said it "pile drives" it.
And I don't hate my RAZR HD as Jimmy does. I don't think the Stock experience is REAL laggy, although there is some occasional lag.
But I do agree with Jimmy that ANY modern Droid released in at least the last 2 years should run flawlessly. Lag shold not exist. Period.
Google has had enough time to perfect this as have the manufacturers.
The HTC One, newer or not, runs flawlessly. One of the snappiest phones I've ever seen. Even if it is 6 months newer then the Razr HD, Moto should be embarrassed by how much better it is. Now I am really not a fan of HTC and would not buy one... but it does feel, as Jimmy likes to say, like a "Premium Phone".
Again... I like my HD. I ave had a few problems but it is so much better then my previous Droid, compared to my old Dinc2 it DOES feel like a Premium Phone. It really does depend on what you compare things too. :D

Natey2

Reaction score
Oh and gotta love when you leave this thing next to a speaker, like on your desk, every time its "doing something" God knows what - the computer speaker starts hissing at me.
Droid Razr Maxx HD on Verizon does this? I thought this phenomenon was only a problem with GSM-based phones.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Droid Razr Maxx HD on Verizon does this? I thought this phenomenon was only a problem with GSM-based phones.

I guess not, I do know I dont put it next to any speakers anymore. Right before a phone call or text, Ill hear the speaker first, then the phone.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The RAZR HD does to small crappy PC Speakers. Not home stereo or car speakers.
Assume the MAXX does, too.

I'll have to grab an IPhone from someone and see if it does it.

jimmythegent

Reaction score

I dont know about that, my home speakers on my PC are old but they are 5.1 surround sound THX certified. The speaker system I never got rid of due to the ridiculous specs on them when I bought the Dell 8200, the surround sound on my PC downstairs is louder almost then my home entertainment speakers, and those are Onkyos 7.1.

Natey2

Reaction score

I had that problem with *all* speakers when I had my Windows Mobile 6 phone (Blackjack 2) on AT&T. Then I switched to the DroidX on Verizon, and the problem went away.
I use a Galaxy S4 on T-Mobile now, and have not noticed the problem (yet?).
I hear CDMA phones use lower power output, and thus, are less likely to cause that kind of interference..

rexall

Reaction score
great phone

I have the same phone never had a problem with it.I've been with Verizon for 10 years and their reps have taken well care of me.I don't know why you are having so many problems hopefully you can get it all taken care of and get a new phone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I have the same phone never had a problem with it.I've been with Verizon for 10 years and their reps have taken well care of me.I don't know why you are having so many problems hopefully you can get it all taken care of and get a new phone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
[/QUOTE]

If you just got the HD... enjoy the honeymoon....