RAZR maxx HD reboot and freezing

Discussion in 'RAZR HD and RAZR HD MAXX Support' started by imrunninon, Feb 9, 2013.

1. 06M6TorridGTO

06M6TorridGTO Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have not upgraded to jelly bean yet. I am still on ICS. I keep click later when it pops up twice a day which is so annoying but I'm not going to JB until I know it has a lot of benefit over ICS, which both suck! lol I just miss Gingerbread

2. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Warm reboot (often caused by software issues), or cold reboot (often caused by hardware issues)? The latter will reset your system Uptime counter on reboot.

You can use this app to log all reboots, so that you don't have to manually watch for it.
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=be.watana.rebootlogger

3. 06M6TorridGTO

06M6TorridGTO Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have no idea about which reboot it is. Any way to tell after the fact? I just know that a couple of times, it rebooted in the process of still loading, after the lock screen came up and while homepages and stuff were still loading.

4. 06M6TorridGTO

06M6TorridGTO Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just had another reboot this morning while playing a game. Not sure if the game caused it since i've been playing the game for a while and have been every day, multiple times a day. Unless the cache got to a point where it caused the problem and deleting the cache last time fixed it. if it restarts again, i'll clear the cache and wait to see what happens.

5. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Yes, check the system uptime counter: if the timer is reset to the time of the reboot, it was a cold boot.
    That should be under settings, about phone, status...

6. 06M6TorridGTO

06M6TorridGTO Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i looked into that and right now the up time is around 62 hours. That is right around the time of the last reboot according to reboot logger which was on 2/25 at 8:39 am. It's now 2/27 at 11:12 pm so yeah thats about 62 hours. So cold boot? What would that mean? Hardware issue?

Search tags for this page
droid razr maxx hd freezes up

droid razr maxx hd freezing

droid razr maxx hd freezing up
droid razr maxx hd froze

droid razr maxx hd frozen

droid razr maxx hd reboot
frozen droid razr maxx hd
motorola hd maxx frozen
razr maxx hd frozen
reboot droid razr maxx hd