Droid Price Cuts

JayC707

Reaction score
I picked up my Droids for $119.99 each through Dell, I thought I did well considering my iPhone 3G (2) brought me in more than $300.00.

dbronstein

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to buy a Droid and I was wondering if people have had much success with getting a salesperson at a Verizon store to match on-line prices. I really need to buy it at a VZW store because my wife works for Qwest and they resell verizon service, so she gets an employee discount. So even if I have to pay an extra $100 for the Droid at the store, it's still worth it to save $20 a month on service. But it would be nice if I could pay less for the phone.

xpmrocker

Reaction score
this is my first post, but I got a droid eris last night at bestbuy... free.. they had a promotion going that if you buy $50 in accessories, the phone is free.. and free activation... since I was due for a upgrade, I only picked a few BS accessories to hit 50 bux, and got the phone... so far I love it.

G

You could have gotten it free at Verizon too if you were due for an upgrade. The upgrade credit is $100 and the rebate is $100.

But I'm glad you got a phone you love, and you don't have to wait for the rebate!
I went to get one but for me, the upgrade 2 years was a $50 credit. wasnt pleased with that. So the phone would have been $150 at the vzw store. Didnt feel the need to spend that amount. So i guess i need to wait for the phone price to drop or look around. But i love the dash holder for the phone. even though its 30, it looks good and futuristic, my kind of thing

HB85

Reaction score
The stores wont price match. There is a reason that people come into the store and they know it. The online deal is only an instant rebate. The phone will in the end cost the same once you fill out your rebate form and get your 100 dollar rebate card. If you renew online and your wife has the discount, nothing should change. The discount does not usually apply to anything but monthly access.
Also, Almost every major corporation has a deal for 15-24% off your bill.

kensteve51

Reaction score
I bought mine at BestBuy the week before Thanksgiving because of the instant $100 rebate thing. Will buy one for the wife soon....Love it!!!

dbronstein

Reaction score
The stores wont price match. There is a reason that people come into the store and they know it. The online deal is only an instant rebate. The phone will in the end cost the same once you fill out your rebate form and get your 100 dollar rebate card. If you renew online and your wife has the discount, nothing should change. The discount does not usually apply to anything but monthly access.
Also, Almost every major corporation has a deal for 15-24% off your bill.

It will be a new account, so we need to set up the discount - I know it's just for the service, not the phone itself. I know phone price is the same as on the verizon site, but I've seen it for as low as $119 on other sites and I was wondering if they'd match those prices. Thanks for letting me know they won't.

Droidiac

Reaction score
Upgrading the secondary line of a family plan seems to be difficult using the discounted prices. I may have to shell out the 199 to verizon to make it easier

Krish

Reaction score
what stores are selling it for cheaper? If your in your 30 day return period would verizon credit you the money?

Droidiac

Reaction score
what stores are selling it for cheaper? If your in your 30 day return period would verizon credit you the money?
Best buy sears dell mobility. The problem is only my primary line is up for upgrade and verizon said they can upgrade the secondary line for me instead. However the other places seem to pre activate the phone, making the primary phone the droid when i want it as my secondary line

Sinbad

Reaction score
Price Still The Same On Mobiliy dot dell dot com site.

Still $119 on the mobility.dell.com site. Merry Christmas to all. Peace.

Droidiac

Reaction score
Could anyone help me with upgrading the secondary line of my family plan when only the primary is eligible for upgrade. Verizon says to upgrade it through the primary line but activate it as the secondary line, however i do not want to payy $200 for it and was wondering if it is possible to do through say Dell mobility

2amReply

Reaction score
If you really want to buy at a Verizon retail store, show the salesperson a printscreen of the online deal and say: "I wouldn't mind buying online, but I would really want to buy from a local store today". Sure, they may not care and show you the door. But it has worked for me in the past. All that was needed was a manager's approval. I think that its worth the wait even if it takes a an hour.

fis

Reaction score
It will be a new account, so we need to set up the discount - I know it's just for the service, not the phone itself. I know phone price is the same as on the verizon site, but I've seen it for as low as $119 on other sites and I was wondering if they'd match those prices. Thanks for letting me know they won't.
You won't get a store to match the current Wirefly deal. $69.99 after $50 Bing Cashback (LINK) plus free activation and no sales tax through 12/31.

The $119.99 price is instant (no rebates) and the $50 Bing cashback comes automatically from Microsoft if you have a registered Bing cashback email address (which BTW if you don't you should -- it's free). If you are eligible for a corporate or Verizon employee discount, you can call Verizon to apply that to the account after the phone is activated. If you are upgrading, your current discount will be applied automatically by Verizon after the phone is activated on your account.