1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

VSW Has Motorola Droid 3 Price Drop Again: Now Only $49.99 New Contract; Wirefly FREE

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 23, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Verizon must really want to get rid of their old stock of the Motorola Droid 3 before they start selling the Droid 4. Just last week there was a price drop on the Droid 3 at Verizon, bringing the phone to $100 bucks on contract. We also shared that Amazon Wireless had the phone for a penny at that time, which was pretty much a no-brainer of a deal.

This week, Verizon dropped the price of the phone again. This time the Droid 3 can be had for $49.99 on contract at Verizon. Of course, it behooves us to give you alternatives, and this week, the best deal we can find is that Wirefly has the Droid 3 for FREE on a new or renewed contract, and that includes a Desktop dock and Car Charger as well! Even if you have some form of customer satisfaction discount at Verizon, it is highly unlikley that it would top that deal. Keep trying Verizon... you'll get there eventually. ;)

Source: VZBuzz and Wirefly
  2. NeoPhoenixTE

NeoPhoenixTE New Member

Geeze. Free? Good lord.

The Droid 4 must be awesome for us to have to overcome this level of temptation on the Droid 3 before we get to the 4. Wow..
  3. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

If you want a good 3G phone there it is.
  4. CANN0N

CANN0N New Member

so if someone has their "new every 2" upgrade, they could walk into verizon n get the D3 for free?
  5. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

If you still have your last NE2 left then yes!

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.
  6. nhra1ss

nhra1ss Member

Geez, this is not fair. My upgrade is not good till 4/12/12. Guess I will miss out :frown:
  7. coolbreeze704

coolbreeze704 New Member

Just ordered D3 from Newegg

My son had an upgrade and ordered the free Droid 3 with free desktop cradle and free car mount with rapid charger. All for free and next day ship. What a great deal on a good phone. He will be a happy camper for the next 24 months.

Newegg Mobile Phones & Plans | Top Smartphones & Cell Phones
  8. nhra1ss

nhra1ss Member

I checked last Thursday (?) and was told just under 9k still in their stock. Not at my upgrade yet ( 4/12/2012 ) my discounted price is $199. Called this morning and she did offer to apply $50 discount, making it $149 and could apply to my bill. Stock this morning ( 7am) showed 3800 nationwide. Geez they are going fast. The $49 offer at Verizon is when you add it to a new line. So if you are up for an upgrade and can take advantage of this price drop ( or even the free at wirefly ) guess, get them before they are gone.
Search tags for this page

when will the droid 3 be discounted