Verizon Drops the New Droid Prices – DROID MAXX to $199, ULTRA to $99

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
droid_maxx_pricedrop.jpg

droid_ultra_pricedrop.jpg

If you had been eyeing one of Motorola’s new DROID smartphones since they were first introduced back in July but were waiting to pull the trigger, you held out wisely. Verizon slashed the prices of the entire family this morning, with the DROID MAXX and ULTRA each seeing a $100 cut. The DROID MAXX can now be had from for $199 on-contract, down from its starting point of $299. The DROID ULTRA on the other hand is now $99 on-contract, down from its initial price point of $199. The DROID Mini even saw a slight cut from $99 down to $49. The off contract price also dropped as well. The MAXX is now $499 off contract while the ULTRA will only cost you $449.

This is a great time to grab one of the new Droids for a sweet price. On or off contract. For more discussions be sure to check out Motorola Droid MAXX & Motorola Droid Ultra

Last edited by a moderator:

npro1464

Reaction score
Why does anyone buy these phones before the price drop? Verizon ALWAYS does this. This goes for any phone. Wait a few months after launch to get the phone you want, and get $100+ off.

moset

Reaction score
Because it's soooo Kewl to have the latest and greatest before anyone else?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Clamshell

Reaction score
Anyone want to give me their upgrade? Or buy the Maxx and sell it to me? Let's cut a deal.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Shouldn't this mean the Moto X will see the same price cuts?

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Shouldn't this mean the Moto X will see the same price cuts?

You would think this. But I a sure Google has a little more control over this than VZW. And with Moto maker coming soon I guess they can justify the higher price maybe. Personally I am a little ticked at the price drop. I picked up with and stuck with the LG G2 because it was $50 cheaper off contract than the Maxx. That was one reason I kept it. Now it is $50 more. The G2 is an awesome phone but I am still a self-admitted Moto fanboy. Tuesday was the last day I could return the G2. But I am thinking about playing dumb and going in and point out that Reward Zone Elite members have a longer return window. If I can't return and exchange I can at least get a $50 price adjustment since I paid $599 for the G2.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Why does anyone buy these phones before the price drop? Verizon ALWAYS does this. This goes for any phone. Wait a few months after launch to get the phone you want, and get $100+ off.

It's only been two months so the wait was pretty short on these!

npro1464

Reaction score
Because it's soooo Kewl to have the latest and greatest before anyone else?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

*Shrugs* I guess. Paying $300 for an on-contract phone seems outrageous to me. You can get the new Nexus for only $50 more and save hundreds a year using prepaid.

I remember picking up my SIII for only $30 last year during black friday. It was 6 months old at the time, but I have absolutely no regrets, even today. Still a great phone!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm beyond ticked off. I just bought my Maxx a week ago today, received it on Tuesday, and because I am a Salesmaker (ie, I sell these phones), they cannot give me a price adjustment! I would have to return the phone, be without a phone for another 3 days, pay a $35 restocking fee, etc. Gah. And here I thought VZW took care of their employees better :(

Rhino94

Reaction score
I'm beyond ticked off. I just bought my Maxx a week ago today, received it on Tuesday, and because I am a Salesmaker (ie, I sell these phones), they cannot give me a price adjustment! I would have to return the phone, be without a phone for another 3 days, pay a $35 restocking fee, etc. Gah. And here I thought VZW took care of their employees better :(

Verizon doesn't give two sh*ts about their customers all they care about is money.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I caved today and picked up a Maxx for full price. If it was $500 when I bought my LG G2 I prolly would have got it. Paid $600 for the G2. I went back to Best Buy to try to get the $50 price adjustment for the G2 since VZW dropped to $549.99, but they don't do competitors price guarantee anymore. I still have a month left to use the G2 and have 45 days to put the Maxx through it's paces. I have already demo'd the Moto X so I will make a final decision which one I will end up keeping.

Rhino94

Reaction score
I caved today and picked up a Maxx for full price. If it was $500 when I bought my LG G2 I prolly would have got it. Paid $600 for the G2. I went back to Best Buy to try to get the $50 price adjustment for the G2 since VZW dropped to $549.99, but they don't do competitors price guarantee anymore. I still have a month left to use the G2 and have 45 days to put the Maxx through it's paces. I have already demo'd the Moto X so I will make a final decision which one I will end up keeping.

Which do you like the most so far?

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Which do you like the most so far?

Haven't activated the Maxx yet. I'm heading out tonight and heading out of state tomorrow so I'm gonna wait until I have a day to transfer and play. Would be much easier if the new Moto phones used the micro SIM instead of the nano SIM.