Droid Price Cuts

Prodigy4

Reaction score
So just to make extra sure, i can print out the dell page which states the droid is $129.99 and go to bestbuy and let them price match it? Then i can just buy the phone and tell them that i don't want to change my plan?

ok i'm probably an idiot, (no probably, i AM) but can somebody explain to me how to do this? i'm dying to know!

sr20alex

Reaction score
So just to make extra sure, i can print out the dell page which states the droid is $129.99 and go to bestbuy and let them price match it? Then i can just buy the phone and tell them that i don't want to change my plan?

ok i'm probably an idiot, (no probably, i AM) but can somebody explain to me how to do this? i'm dying to know!

I am just guessing but,
1. Print out the dell mobility page which states the droid for $129.99
2. Go to BB and tell them to price match it.
3. Tell them that you want to keep your current plan.
4. Pay for it and enjoy..?

Prodigy4

Reaction score

I am just guessing but,

haha thanks alot man. I'll go to BB tomorrow and find out and let everybody know.

sr20alex

Reaction score

I am just guessing but,

haha thanks alot man. I'll go to BB tomorrow and find out and let everybody know.

Thanks dude please tell me how it goes! Also can you tell me if they check your plan? I wont be switching to the unlimited data plan till the 9th..

sr20alex

Reaction score
couldn't go today, had finals to study for -__- heading there tomorrow afternoon. let you know asap

I actually went best buy, but i did not buy the phone.
I asked one of the workers there if they would price match this and he said yeah we will price match it.
Asked them if they if i am able to keep my plan and just directly upgrade
Said yes.

But it wasn't the manager so i'll have to try again later.

Good luck tell me how it goes.

Prodigy4

Reaction score
couldn't go today, had finals to study for -__- heading there tomorrow afternoon. let you know asap

I actually went best buy, but i did not buy the phone.
I asked one of the workers there if they would price match this and he said yeah we will price match it.
Asked them if they if i am able to keep my plan and just directly upgrade
Said yes.

But it wasn't the manager so i'll have to try again later.

Good luck tell me how it goes.

good lookin' out man! thanks alot!

ResMJM

Reaction score
That's EXACTLY what happened to me. I ended up buying it from VZW

I ordered a droid from Dell, with the impression that they added on to your contract, "because it says (contact extension)" so in the simplest terms to me that says add on two years, but no Verizon declined (of course that would be two good to be true since I got a storm like 11 months ago (waste of money). I planned on getting a new line for a parent (which likely they want to keep the phone they already have), so I asked Dell to add a line to my account... OHHHH NO they have no idea about that, tried to charge me two 99.99 fee's a month 198.99 for three lines instead of 109.98, for what ever reason the guy from BFE India couldn't understand about adding a thrird line to my account. Got really mad and went to #611 on my phone, ring ring ... V was really nice and easy to deal with.... How about this prior to all of this I happen to slip by a Non-verizon store (an "authorized dealer") STAY AWAY From these guys, they said it would be impossible to add a line and put my old number on the new phone, that I would have to way 90days, in addition of paying a 100$ fee HA!, ya right... I'm really going on a rant but that was my experiance/ obsession of trying to get a droid... It arrives on friday ( and yes, I dont know why I ordered it versus going to the story "stupid me".. just so caught up in the moment with talking to "fake V store", as I call them, to dealing with Dell to finally having cus.rep from V taking care of me as they always do, Awesome Carrier..

/end rant... phewwwwwww :)

awesomeadventurer

Reaction score
has anybody actually received a droid from Dell Home? I placed my order Monday noon and they keep saying they are waiting on Verizon to check my credit and approve but I got Verizon on the phone at the same time and Verizon says there is no application at the location DellHome says there is. I have spoken by IM or tel phone with 7 DellHome agents (all in India) and they have been saying since Tuesday that Verizon will give them an answer within 12 hours! I don't believe them any more and they don't seem to know how to submit an offer to Verizon. I am now wondering if they are phishing for birthdates and social security numbers and never planned on sending out the phones!

ResMJM

Reaction score
has anybody actually received a droid from Dell Home? I placed my order Monday noon and they keep saying they are waiting on Verizon to check my credit and approve but I got Verizon on the phone at the same time and Verizon says there is no application at the location DellHome says there is. I have spoken by IM or tel phone with 7 DellHome agents (all in India) and they have been saying since Tuesday that Verizon will give them an answer within 12 hours! I don't believe them any more and they don't seem to know how to submit an offer to Verizon. I am now wondering if they are phishing for birthdates and social security numbers and never planned on sending out the phones!

Well when I ATTEMPTED to order from them, they acted as if I couldn't extend my contract....I just wanted to update my phone! :mad:
So I ended up ordering from VZW. You might want to check them out using the BBB or something though

rosesdroid

Reaction score
Well, I did not get a discount from V on the difference for my droid after all. They refused the reimburse me the difference from this dellmobile deal to the one I got from them. Might be a scam... sure wish I had shopped a little though. Eve the $150 deal would have been nice...

djbis

Reaction score
I tried to get the phone from Dell and they tried to give me some BS about not being able to upgrade the phone only on the secondary line of my account. They wanted to upgrade both phones or the main line only.

So much for $120 deal.

Since I only needed one phone upgraded I said no.

• Does anybody know when Verizon might be bringing down the price?