Droid Price Cuts

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dell-mobile-droids.jpg

Black Friday, White Wednesday, and other Holiday sales are in full force and Droid Phones are receiving their fair share of discounts as well. The Motorola Droid & HTC Eris have not even been in the wild for a month and the introductory prices have now been cut up to 40% by some online retailers. Wirefly is offering the Motorola Droid for $149 with a two-year contract and now Dell Mobile is advertising the phone for $119.99 with a two-year contract. Walmart is offering the HTC Droid Eris for only $30.00 after discounts and of course a new contract. For those that have been waiting for deals on these phones, this may be your lucky day!

J

JohnDroid

Those are smoking deals on phones that have been receiving positive reviews and seem to be moving a ton of units!

jsquared

Reaction score
can i return my phone, (i added a line to my family plan) and repurchase?

Reaction score
does anyone know how long these deals will last? hopefully past friday, thats when i'm hoping to order mine

ch0sen0ne

Reaction score
Maybe I should have stuck it out a couple extra weeks with my storm1. Is verizon lowering their price too? I did the yearly upgrade instead of my new every two so I could only go through verizon, unless they lied to me just to get my moeny. Either way I am happy with the droid so it was worth the price I paid.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Not worried about the price drops, I got mine, It works like a charm, the price drop is not worth my time and trouble..

geomark

Reaction score
Not concerned with this either. I just paid $199 but using my company discounts, cut the monthly price of what would have been $75 to $58, plus no activation fee. I guess for others out there that are not able to get discounts, this may be a good deal. I should have mine tomorrow!!

davidh2497

Reaction score
Not worried, not concerned, are you kidding me. I find it insulting that the price is cut nearly in half a mere two weeks after the thing is released. We who paid $199 are now outed as true suckers by Verizon. I am so proud.

hdrider

Reaction score
I am going to wait till after the Holidays to get mine, with the economy in the hole, I feel the best deals will be in January

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not worried, not concerned, are you kidding me. I find it insulting that the price is cut nearly in half a mere two weeks after the thing is released. We who paid $199 are now outed as true suckers by Verizon. I am so proud.

I don't feel that. VZW still shows it for $199 and with anything techy if you want it on day one you pay more. I just bought a 60" tv last month. It was $900. On Friday it's $799 did i get ripped off? No I don't think so

Lafond

Reaction score
Yea, seriously it's only $80. Even if I knew that 3 weeks later I could save $80 by going somewhere else, I still would have bought it on the drop day.

hackthedroid

Reaction score

No the real people who were suckers were those who bought the first gen iPhone and then a mere two months later Apple dropped the price by $200.