Droid Price Cuts

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Nov 24, 2009.

1. danDroid

danDroid DF Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Black Friday, White Wednesday, and other Holiday sales are in full force and Droid Phones are receiving their fair share of discounts as well. The Motorola Droid & HTC Eris have not even been in the wild for a month and the introductory prices have now been cut up to 40% by some online retailers. Wirefly is offering the Motorola Droid for $149 with a two-year contract and now Dell Mobile is advertising the phone for $119.99 with a two-year contract. Walmart is offering the HTC Droid Eris for only $30.00 after discounts and of course a new contract. For those that have been waiting for deals on these phones, this may be your lucky day!
  2. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Guest

Those are smoking deals on phones that have been receiving positive reviews and seem to be moving a ton of units!
  3. jsquared

jsquared New Member

can i return my phone, (i added a line to my family plan) and repurchase?
  4. xfeathersx

xfeathersx New Member

Thanks Dan,

Nice post...
  5. stastnysnipes26

stastnysnipes26 New Member

does anyone know how long these deals will last? hopefully past friday, thats when i'm hoping to order mine
  6. ch0sen0ne

ch0sen0ne New Member

Maybe I should have stuck it out a couple extra weeks with my storm1. Is verizon lowering their price too? I did the yearly upgrade instead of my new every two so I could only go through verizon, unless they lied to me just to get my moeny. Either way I am happy with the droid so it was worth the price I paid.
  7. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Not worried about the price drops, I got mine, It works like a charm, the price drop is not worth my time and trouble..
  8. iiimegamaniii

iiimegamaniii New Member

+1 on that BnB.

- Mega
  9. Harrison_W1337

Harrison_W1337 New Member

Haha, I know right?
  10. geomark

geomark New Member

Not concerned with this either. I just paid $199 but using my company discounts, cut the monthly price of what would have been $75 to $58, plus no activation fee. I guess for others out there that are not able to get discounts, this may be a good deal. I should have mine tomorrow!!
  11. davidh2497

davidh2497 New Member

Not worried, not concerned, are you kidding me. I find it insulting that the price is cut nearly in half a mere two weeks after the thing is released. We who paid $199 are now outed as true suckers by Verizon. I am so proud.
  12. hdrider

hdrider New Member

I am going to wait till after the Holidays to get mine, with the economy in the hole, I feel the best deals will be in January
  13. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

I don't feel that. VZW still shows it for $199 and with anything techy if you want it on day one you pay more. I just bought a 60" tv last month. It was $900. On Friday it's $799 did i get ripped off? No I don't think so
  14. Lafond

Lafond New Member

Yea, seriously it's only $80. Even if I knew that 3 weeks later I could save $80 by going somewhere else, I still would have bought it on the drop day.
  15. hackthedroid

hackthedroid New Member

No the real people who were suckers were those who bought the first gen iPhone and then a mere two months later Apple dropped the price by $200.
  16. iiimegamaniii

iiimegamaniii New Member

Oh--that's right! I completely forgot about that and how ticked-off my co-workers were... LOL

- Mega
  17. styleznma

styleznma New Member

I ordered a droid from Dell, with the impression that they added on to your contract, "because it says (contact extension)" so in the simplest terms to me that says add on two years, but no Verizon declined (of course that would be two good to be true since I got a storm like 11 months ago (waste of money). I planned on getting a new line for a parent (which likely they want to keep the phone they already have), so I asked Dell to add a line to my account... OHHHH NO they have no idea about that, tried to charge me two 99.99 fee's a month 198.99 for three lines instead of 109.98, for what ever reason the guy from BFE India couldn't understand about adding a thrird line to my account. Got really mad and went to #611 on my phone, ring ring ... V was really nice and easy to deal with.... How about this prior to all of this I happen to slip by a Non-verizon store (an "authorized dealer") STAY AWAY From these guys, they said it would be impossible to add a line and put my old number on the new phone, that I would have to way 90days, in addition of paying a 100$ fee HA!, ya right... I'm really going on a rant but that was my experiance/ obsession of trying to get a droid... It arrives on friday ( and yes, I dont know why I ordered it versus going to the story "stupid me".. just so caught up in the moment with talking to "fake V store", as I call them, to dealing with Dell to finally having cus.rep from V taking care of me as they always do, Awesome Carrier..

/end rant... phewwwwwww :)
  18. i91crxsi

i91crxsi New Member

styleznma,

I work for an Authorized Retailer and we get people like you into our stores all the time. They have it engraved in their minds that we are a rip off and we can't do anything. The thing is, you get what you pay for. Their are good reasons why the phone is cheaper at walmart, bestbuy, wirefly. etc.. For instance, Best Buy, these people work with not only Verizon but also with Tmobile, Sprint and AT&T. They just know the basics of each network, so when they put you on a plan, they can utterly screw up your account and then you spend more time on the phone with 611 trying to figure out what went wrong when you get your first bill. They also only have a 15 day return period where they will charge you a restocking fee and hassle you even if u didn't ever touch your phone.

Wal Mart has super weird 3rd party agreements to where if you change anythign at all on your contract within 6 months they will charge you with the full retail price of the phone. They also are known for selling refurbished and certified pre owned phones that the warranty will only last for 3 months instead of year on a brand new device. Plus they are the same at Best Buy except that the employee might have been selling underwear one day and now is selling phones.

Firefly.com has horrendous reviews due to sending out broken phones, not refunding back your money when sent in and giving people a super hard time to do anything. They remind me of these ads that say "free sample just pay 1.00 shipping" and in the terms and conditions "100 will be placed on your card once ordered" and once you find out that they charged you that money, it is to late. you then have to deal with there horrible customer service and return the merchandise exactly to the dot in order to get your refund.

Heck, even ordering phones online can be a hassle. What they fail to tell you is that when you buy online that there will be a charge to transfer your files over i.e. pics, contacts, sms, ringtones and etc.. There is also a fee if you get a smart phone to get it set up in a store.

Even though we are a "fake V store" we are known for offering great customer service. When you buy a phone from me, I make sure that it is exactly the phone for you and that you know how to use the phone. I also give the customer my personal cell phone number incase they have any questions.

So yes, it is cheaper to buy from Best Buy, Wal Mart, Costco, Sams Club, Firefly, Verizon.com, there are many reasons why you should consider going into a store to pick up your phone.
    -You don't have to wait for it to come into the mail.
    -If it is broken you have to order another one and deal with waiting even longer for your phone.
    -You can get all of your stuff transferred in the store for free.
    -You can get your phone set up in the store for free.
    -If you have any warranty problems, you can swap it out in the store.
    -You have 30 days instead of 15 and it's not definite about the restocking fee.

Just take these things into consideration when purchasing a phone next time.

Oh and also, both of our corporate stores are notorious for employees being rude and speedy with customers. So my 'fake V store" has made many upon many people happy and they no longer goto the corporate stores.
  19. i91crxsi

i91crxsi New Member

wow, sorry for the horrible grammar errors. I am super tired and I did not proofread this at all.
  20. LordKastle

LordKastle New Member

Best Buy won't change the current plan will they? I had to send someone money so they could get Droid and I told them to go to Best Buy because its easier to get the instant rebate. I got mine through Verizon but thats besides the point.

Won't they just extend the contract? The person going to get the phone doesn't know how many text messages are included per month or what plan it is that is on the phone.

Since it is simply renewing the contract for another 2 years, won't they just keep everything the same?
Search tags for this page

bestbuy customer #21239

promo code for wireless advocates
will costco wireless price match