Droid possessed!??? Lol Help

Patkitkat

Reaction score
Since about 2 days now my phone has been acting like an invisible finger has been pushing rapidly on its screen.

I have a droid 1 and this is mind boggling. I can hardly text without it going nuts on me..
Can anyone shed some light on whats wrong? I didnt drop it or anything...

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Does it happen when it's charging?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
Patkitkat

Patkitkat

Reaction score
No it's stock OS

And no, it happens all the time.. sometimes hangs up on GF. the G wont work, will select the letters around it.

I'm guessing moisture got trapped? I never let it get wet / Drop it

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Go to your stock recovery and clear cache... without having backups I wouldn't recommend a factory reset but it would help... alot I think, I could be wrong.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
Patkitkat

Patkitkat

Reaction score
I highlighted the parts in red that seems that to go posessed or w/e...

As I said.. it's like a ghost is tapping those areas constantly, it makes everything difficult to do...

What's wrong? Will verizon make me pay to replace my phone?

2jcyde.jpg

OP
Patkitkat

Patkitkat

Reaction score
Go to your stock recovery and clear cache... without having backups I wouldn't recommend a factory reset but it would help... alot I think, I could be wrong.

I can't access settings without it going nuts clicking stuff.. plus the settings/menu button on buttom doesn't even work now.. nothin hapens in that area when i click it (see to pic i put up)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think you have a digitizer that is failing, but before giving up on the phone try this: Factory Data Reset - With your Motorola Droid still powered "Off," slide open the keyboard.
Press and hold the "X" button on the keyboard while pressing the "Power/Unlock" button, located next to the 3.5mm headphone jack. Continue holding down the buttons until a yellow triangle "Warning Sign" appears on the screen.
Once the yellow warning sign appears, press the physical "Volume UP" and "Camera" buttons simultaneously until a new menu appears. This may take several attempts before success.
From the new menu that appears on-screen, go down to the "wipe data/factory reset" option using the Directional-Pad next to the keyboard, and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad to confirm.
Scroll down to the "Yes -- delete all user data" and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad once more. That's it! When your Motorola Droid is done wiping all saved applications, information, and settings, your device will be back to the factory settings.

These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. 4. Open the Market app and accept the market terms. 5. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 6. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.

If your problem survives this, it's time for a new phone. IMNSHO

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
I can't access settings without it going nuts clicking stuff.. plus the settings/menu button on buttom doesn't even work now.. nothin hapens in that area when i click it (see to pic i put up)

No stock recovery isn't in settings or anything. Its a sub menu from the m boot logo, however seeing your picture I'm gonna say its the digitizer like mentioned earlier.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6

Recovery doesn't use the touch screen. It's done with the vol and camera keys, or keyboard.

To get into Recovery just hold down the power button and X at the same time.