Droid possessed...continuously reverting back to "recent" screen, impossible to use..

kellhaus

Reaction score
Hi,<br>
<br>
I have a Motorola X2, purchased in June of this year, with no water damage. No major traumas, nothing. I keep it well protected in an Otterbox. About a month ago, my phone started to show signs of something that can only be likened to possession -- I'd be in the middle of texting, or browsing online, and suddenly the phone would respond as though I had hit the home screen button multiple times, or, more frequently, it goes to my recent screen, again and again and again. The problem used to happen only like for an hour at a time and then disappear for days, but for the past week now this has been happening virtually nonstop. <br>
<br>
I attempt to do something like text, and my phone vibrates and takes me to the "Recent" screen, automatically aborting whatever function I was trying to use before. It's at the point where I can't even type one word into a text message without constantly being interrupted by my phone reverting to the recent screen (and occasionally the home screen --&gt; the screen where I pick my displays). This is draining the battery life a TON (not that I can actually use the phone anyways), as even when I'm not touching the phone, it will spend hours reverting to the "Recent" screen and back and then to the "Recent" screen. <br>
<br>
Again, there is no water damage, and I am unsure of what is causing this. It happens whether or not it's in the case, it happens no matter how many times I reset the phone, remove the SD card, remove the battery, etc. <br>
<br>
I have looked online and I can't seem to locate anyone who has experienced this problem explicitly, with the phone acting possessed and reverting continually back to the "Recent" and home screens. Any ideas? Am I just gonna have to bite the bullet and take it to the incompetents at the Verizon store?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi,<br>
<br>
I have a Motorola X2, purchased in June of this year, with no water damage. No major traumas, nothing. I keep it well protected in an Otterbox. About a month ago, my phone started to show signs of something that can only be likened to possession -- I'd be in the middle of texting, or browsing online, and suddenly the phone would respond as though I had hit the home screen button multiple times, or, more frequently, it goes to my recent screen, again and again and again. The problem used to happen only like for an hour at a time and then disappear for days, but for the past week now this has been happening virtually nonstop. <br>
<br>
I attempt to do something like text, and my phone vibrates and takes me to the "Recent" screen, automatically aborting whatever function I was trying to use before. It's at the point where I can't even type one word into a text message without constantly being interrupted by my phone reverting to the recent screen (and occasionally the home screen --&gt; the screen where I pick my displays). This is draining the battery life a TON (not that I can actually use the phone anyways), as even when I'm not touching the phone, it will spend hours reverting to the "Recent" screen and back and then to the "Recent" screen. <br>
<br>
Again, there is no water damage, and I am unsure of what is causing this. It happens whether or not it's in the case, it happens no matter how many times I reset the phone, remove the SD card, remove the battery, etc. <br>
<br>
I have looked online and I can't seem to locate anyone who has experienced this problem explicitly, with the phone acting possessed and reverting continually back to the "Recent" and home screens. Any ideas? Am I just gonna have to bite the bullet and take it to the incompetents at the Verizon store?

In the past almost every issue of "Possession" has been a result of charging with a non-motorola charger or cable. But that doesn't sound like your issue. You may have a warranty issue. Prior to contacting Verizon, I would do a Factory Hard Reset. Before you do it make sure Backup and Auto-Restore is checked in the Privacy section of Settings. Your apps will reinstall automatically then.

Good luck.

ksaevig

Reaction score
Similar Problem

I am having a similar problem with my phone. Constantly and out of nowhere the "Phone Options" screen pops up as if I just hit the power button but I haven't. I haven't been able to find anyone with the same problem, so I did what I thought was obvious and I wiped the cache, twice, to no avail and finally a factory reset, twice now, and the problem continues. It seems to happen more rapidly and repeatedly when the phone is processing a lot, such as several downloads at once or several text messages being received within a short time frame, but it also happens when I'm not using the phone at all.

This problem has been going on for about a month, maybe as long as the most recent Gingerbread update.

Hope someone can help us both!