Possessed Droid?

ChrisNovembre

Reaction score
You tube Vid........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-HAfUlHzEs

Whats wrong with my Droid 2?

Rec /w: Droid X (smudge lens, didn't clean it before i recorded it.)

I got this phone on ebay (used), it was working pretty great for a week up until one day i woke up and it started just randomly just running around my apps selecting and deselecting settings, dialing, just bugging out on me (possessed like).. really irksome.

I've Soft reset and Ive hard reset to factory settings (wiping out all apps like task killer) and still nothing.

Any suggestions from the smart droid community?
Before i try to take it to Verizon for assistance..

but i might not get replaced..

BTW.. Its not rooted.

:/

corn

Reaction score
This sounds more like a hardware issue. I would guess the issue is that your touch screen is shorted or otherwise damaged in some way. You could replace the digitizer but there's no guarantee it will work.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
C

ChrisNovembre

Reaction score
This sounds more like a hardware issue. I would guess the issue is that your touch screen is shorted or otherwise damaged in some way. You could replace the digitizer but there's no guarantee it will work.

I see, thank you for the info By any chance do you know were i could go to do that or do i have to send it to verizon?

corn

Reaction score
If you can't do it yourself, I don't think it would make sense to pay for it. If your phone is not useable, try to return it or get a new one.

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Had this happen to one of my droid 1, and its a touch screen problem. I replace the screen with one that had a bad esn. The poblem with that is I had to buy the new stickers to cover up the back.
As far as verizon, dont tell them its from ebay!!! But they may or maynot take care of it since it was used....but try. If you got insurance I would try that. 1 of very few real claims I have seen on here!

OP
C

ChrisNovembre

Reaction score
Had this happen to one of my droid 1, and its a touch screen problem. I replace the screen with one that had a bad esn. The poblem with that is I had to buy the new stickers to cover up the back.
As far as verizon, dont tell them its from ebay!!! But they may or maynot take care of it since it was used....but try. If you got insurance I would try that. 1 of very few real claims I have seen on here!

Thanks for the info. It actually started working again out of nowhere but last night it just started bugging out on me after working for 4 days. this is very irritating.

what do you mean by stickers? as in were the model numbers are?