droid plan help

xturbodragon

Reaction score
ok can you switch plans in the middle of your contract?

And is there another cheaper plan for texting cause 59.99 plus the 29.99 data plan is a lot.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You can switch plans whenever you want. If you call verizon and talk with a rep they can go over your usage and find a plan that is best for you.

drewfuss

Reaction score
ok can you switch plans in the middle of your contract?

And is there another cheaper plan for texting cause 59.99 plus the 29.99 data plan is a lot.

if your a stand alone, not really. the only other options is to come off that and step down to talk only and stack a 10 or 20$ text plan on. $90 is the ticket price for the all mighty ability to carry such a device.

you just paid 200$ a phone and cant fork out $3 a day to pay for ur service?

Leasa

Reaction score
Smartphones, like the Droid, require a data package of 29.99 or higher, so unless you are willing to go to a dumbphone, you gotta pay something. Verizon has a 9.99 data package that has limited access amounts, its a requirement for all web ready phones. My 13 year old broke her Alias 2 and for some reason, I didnt have insurance on it. I went to Verizon and they told me she could pick any phone for the 1 year contract price, which I thought was great. She chose the Chocolate touch. The rep advised me that there would be the 9.99 data plan charge because Verizon got tired of crediting thousands of dollars to parents of kids who went on the internet because the phone was capable and they didnt realize that it was an additional cost. I told them no and asked to see the phones that didnt require the 9.99 extra, they pointed to the lonely display in the back corner with 4 phones. We walked over there and the look of horror on my daughters face was priceless! I couldnt do it to her and I agreed to pay the minimum data fee. So, it all depends on what you want to carry as a phone. I personally have no issue paying 260.00 a month for 5 lines, its the price of mobility these days.

OP
X

xturbodragon

Reaction score
lol at leasa's daughter

and $3 a day is alot thats 2.1k over the 2yr contract and im a mere child :(

also im about to get a droid but i need a reason to get one, be serious please cause my mom is one of those old asian moms -.-. Couple of days ago i asked her and she said thats nonsense
and if i were to get one i had to be on att cause she was on it on her iphone