Do I need to switch from a 3g plan to 4g?

smmfc

Reaction score
If you activate it online you'll have to wait for the card to show up just go to a Verizon store and they'll set you up I got my card free at Verizon
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Kittysback

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently purchased an HTC Thunderbolt at a great price on Swappa. I currently have a Motorola Droid, with the $29.99 unlimited 3g plan. My question is, do I need to talk to Verizon and switch to a 4g plan somehow? Will this extend my contract? Will it break the original 3g contract? How do I handle this?

Thanks!

When I got my TBolt they made me re-sign for a new 4G data package. They said it was same price as what I had but apparently it's a different code on their end.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

SquintyOS

Reaction score
I got mine when it first came out as i was on an Incredible. Also, there were able to switch me over from 3g to 4g.

you were wondering why LTE used sim cards? The technology uses different frequencies, like GSM and CDMA, as it is based on universal system call UMTS. In the future, this will allow your Verizon phone to work on other networks utilizing an LTE network. I have used both GSM and CDMA but I find UMTS because of its wide range. LTE was also imagined to be somewhat a global thing to bridge the gap between our country (who mainly uses CDMA in their cellphones) with other countries (who use GSM/UMTS.)

On the last note; LTE is the pre-4g network/technology of the major companies as the rest are still 3g. Even crap AT&T (who says they have 4g, plans to move into LTE.) Once Verizon gets LTE up and running, it'll only be a software upgrade to upgrade Verizon's network to LTE-Advanced (the second generation as the first does not meet actual 4G standards); which will true 4g. This, hopefully, will e universal which LTE was designed to be. This will hopefully take place 2013 or 2014 to incorporate VoIP (as LTE and its future is data based.)

Read more at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3GPP_Long_Term_Evolution

Cheers,
Squinty

Last edited: