Droid Incredible In Hands...

newandroiduser

Reaction score
How does the phone feel compared to the droid? Im mainly worried about the plastic build, this could have been a perfect phone if they used the HTC Legend case. Is the screen glass or plastic?

OP
G

GodDriven

Reaction score
How does the phone feel compared to the droid? Im mainly worried about the plastic build, this could have been a perfect phone if they used the HTC Legend case. Is the screen glass or plastic?

Okay, The screen is Glass.. The feel is "Incredible" I cannot stress.. This is lighter than the Nexus and more balanced than any device on the block.. I promise you.. Not cause we have it, but, what deserves fact deserves..

The phone compared to the droid, feels, well, like a droid.. Just thinner, slightly wider, and mostly lighter.. Of course.. The screen is as bright as the "new" AMOLED can get.. Not only are they bright.. They're the sharpest Ive and any one has ever seen..

Also, the legend case would NOT have been perfect.. The weight difference is GRAND there.. Plus, Metal on this.. IS not right.. Listen, the glass covers the entire front of the screen, entire.. The optical is litterally like not there.. Plus the speed is much faster..

This is and was built "incredible".. It's a pun that deserved to be lived, abused and said.. Trust me.. This is the New Nexus One.. This is why Google retracted the Nexus.. We have better.. Or are they later? LoL.. Who cares.. HTC is the builder.. So, without them, we're nothing..

kmo

Reaction score
I am going to enjoy the lighter (not as heavy) feel as my Droid. As much as I liked the overall feel to the Mdroid, it was like carrying a brick in my pocket.

kev83202

Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone is worried about the plastic durability vs. the droid metal. In my opinion the plastic might feel cheaper but in the long run is probably stronger or as strong as the metal on the droid.

The metal is not flexible when you drop it it bends, plastic does not bend, it flexes and dampens blows when you drop it. I've droped every phone I've ever owned a lot of times and the one that shows the most abuse is my droid.

Just my opinion, I'll be giving my wife my droid and getting the INC. (just got a shipping notification) I'll trade her back if I don't like the INC.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Thanks for this thread, GD. I was just reading the other one knocking the Inc and it made me nervous despite the fact I as a techie should know better.
There's nothing like hearing form someone who actually has their Inc already and had time to really check it out.
I was just past my 30 days when I found out about the Inc and it burned me that if I'd waited just a bit longer to use my "new every two" then I'd have had the choice of a phone with a processor twice as fast, etc. etc. I went to the Verizon store and the VZW guy made a suggestion that I though had a lot of merit: I cancel my insurance, and put my 6-week-old N1 away for a spare. It pays for itself within a year or so, and I don't have to worry about down time or waiting for a new phone (most likely reconditioned at that) to arrive...and if I have the same negative reaction to the Inc as one I read on these forums I still have 30 days to put things back the way they were. Win-win!

OP
G

GodDriven

Reaction score
Thanks for this thread, GD. I was just reading the other one knocking the Inc and it made me nervous despite the fact I as a techie should know better.
There's nothing like hearing form someone who actually has their Inc already and had time to really check it out.
I was just past my 30 days when I found out about the Inc and it burned me that if I'd waited just a bit longer to use my "new every two" then I'd have had the choice of a phone with a processor twice as fast, etc. etc. I went to the Verizon store and the VZW guy made a suggestion that I though had a lot of merit: I cancel my insurance, and put my 6-week-old N1 away for a spare. It pays for itself within a year or so, and I don't have to worry about down time or waiting for a new phone (most likely reconditioned at that) to arrive...and if I have the same negative reaction to the Inc as one I read on these forums I still have 30 days to put things back the way they were. Win-win!

PaulOBrien
I forgot to mention the root method seems to work on the Legend too, and there's a good chance it'll be possible with the Incredible.

Well Ladies and gents.. Lets be thankful for the work and "love" given.. He has finished rooting the Legend and the Desire "fully".. And it's 99.9% capable of doing on it tomorrow.. More news to come tomorrow as it's the release..

Thanks MoDoCo..

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
BTW, GD--what happened to the video? The link doesn't work. Of course there's tons of YouTube stuff on this new phone but I'm a little curious which you linked to.

OP
G

GodDriven

Reaction score
BTW, GD--what happened to the video? The link doesn't work. Of course there's tons of YouTube stuff on this new phone but I'm a little curious which you linked to.

I am going to bring up rooted ones.. (Hopefully) this way we could have more of a fiaso.. :icon_ banana:

Last edited:

jamjr74

Reaction score
Any Droid owners that now have the incredible? How does the battery life compare?

mach330

Reaction score
got mine yesterday. this phone is blazing fast. no info yet on battery life. let you know by today.

some quick review:

- speakers sounds pretty good, comparible to droid
- sense ui is actually pretty good. it makes things more pretty i think.
- haven't had a chance to play with camera yet
- very very light compare to droid
- screen is awesome...yeah, direct sunlight kind'a sux.
- virtual keyboard is remarkable. much much much better than droid. i can type pretty fast (without having to slow down like i did with the droid). it kept up pretty well.

who else got theirs early?

zeus_r6

Reaction score
Pretty sure my Droid had better battery life...Incredible seems to blow through a battery pretty quickly...

Other than that, it seems every single thing that was wrong on Droid has been fixed and improved on Incredible. Hands down a perfect phone.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I can't wait for a year down the road when all android phones have so much memery we won't know what to do with them.