Incredible V.S. DROID

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sooo.. ive searched around and heard plenty of opinions about the Droid and HTC Incredible..

However I'm still just not satisfied..

I LOVE my DROID and even if proven that the Incredible is that much better I still cant get rid of my hard keyboard..

so with this said id like to suggest MY opinion on some of the points i've found regarding the debate

I would also REALLY like so see your responses and opinions as well

im using primarily DigitalTrends.com and Wirefly.com as my references

LINKS:
DigitalTrends
Wirefly

SOOoo... here it goes..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display

Winner: HTC Incredible

Both phones use 3.7-inch screens with similar resolution (the Droid has 480 x 854 and the Incredible has 480 x 800), but the victory goes to HTC for choosing an OLED screen over LCD. As Nexus One owners can attest, LCDs quite literally pale in comparison to the brightness and vibrance of a quality OLED. Unfortunately, they’re known for problems with outdoor viewability as well, but it’s a minor tradeoff in the big scheme of things. DigitalTrends.com

--

This may be my biggest concern for DROID.. so far I have no real issues with my DROID's display however since I haven't been able to get my hands on an Incredible yet I cant contest this..
If the HTC's screen is really that much better it must be dam good

Processor

Not many people complained about the Droid’s powerful Arm Cortex A8 processor clocked at 550MHz, but the Incredible brings a whole new level of performance to the table with a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor running at 1GHz. Early reviews suggest it’s among the most responsive Android phone out there, even with HTC’s custom Sense interface worked in. Boy Genius Report even claims it outperforms the Nexus One, which has the same chip.

--

With OC-ing the Droid can get up there to compete with Incredible's 1Ghz snapdragon but im sure the HTC will ba capable of just as high or higher.

for now I dont see this as too big of a weakness for Droid but I have heard a lot of good about the Qualcomm snapdragon

Keyboard

Winner: Motorola Droid

The Droid has a keyboard, the Incredible does not. It’s as simple as that. Although Gizmodo claims the Incredible has “the most usable Android touch keyboard in existence,” we still have to hand it to the Droid for offering the option of a physical keyboard. The flat keys make it far from the best we’ve used, but many people still prefer a rather lame physical keyboard to tapping intangible keys on glass.

--

Finally a win for Droid!!
the keyboard may not be that important to everyone but personally I NEED it..
it is the number one thing that convinced me to buy this phone to begin with

Camera

With an 8.0-megapixel sensor hiding underneath a bulbous red eye on the back, the Droid Incredible nearly breaks out of smartphone territory and into point-and-shoot turf. By comparison, the Droid only packs 5 megapixels. But resolution alone does not a camera make. The Droid Incredible also offers a dual-LED flash, autofocus, and on-th-fly adjustments for brightness, contrast, and ISO level, which give it the leg up on the Droid’s admittedly very competent cam.

--

So im no camera guy but from what I hear megapixels isnt the only thing that matters.. but either way I am very satisfied with my droid camera, which has taken pix pretty close to the same quality as my moms Nikon Coolpix P4 which has 8.1MP...

--

Software

Yes, both phones run Google Android, but the Incredible comes with the Android 2.1, while the Droid comes with 2.0 and needs an update to 2.1. A small quibble, true, but the Incredible gets yet another check on its side of the ledger for HTC’s built-in Sense user interface, which adds subtle touches like a reworked home screen, OS-X-style Expose, and more.

--

Ok I do really like the Sense UI and until there is a stable complete working port for Droid this is a downside for me..

Battery Life

We haven’t pitted both phones head to head in a scientific test (yet), but manufacturer claims aren’t typically too far off with phones, making them a useful indicator here. HTC claims up to 312 minutes of usage time and 146 hours of standby for the Incredible, while Motorola claims 385 minutes of usage and 270 hours of standby for the Droid.

--

Well thats another one for Droid... however... once OC to compete with the 1Ghz Snapdragon I know from plenty of experience that the Droid battery life will suffer..

Portability

Sliders make a great way to cram a full QWERTY keyboard into a touch screen phone, but let’s not forget the weight penalty. At a full 6 ounces, the Droid has always been a bit of a bruiser. Weighing only 4.59 ounces, the Incredible has a significant weight advantage. Although both phones measure about half an inch thick, the Incredible also shaves two tenths of an inch off width, making it ever so slightly more pocketable.

--

Ok, so yea I play semi-pro football.. and yes I spend hours at the gym... But If you cant handle a few ounces????? come on..

personally I actually like a phone with some weight to it.. makes me feel like its well built and not some cracker jack box toy..

Memory

This seemingly clear-cut category actually a little complicated. Both phones have microSD expansion slots, but the Incredible comes with 8GB of internal memory and an empty slot, and the Droid comes with a preinstalled 16GB card. That means the Droid offers better bang for your buck out of the box, but the Incredible is easier to expand (the slot handles cards up to 16GB). At the end of the day, though, the Droid if offering twice the storage for the same price, and that matters more than potential for expansion.

--

nuff said there...

Overall Winner: HTC Incredible

By the numbers, the HTC Incredible has an undeniable advantage on the current king of the mountain: Motorola’s Droid. With both phones priced at $200 on Verizon with contract, that makes the Incredible an alluring option for those Droid holdouts, come April 29. Of course, it’s hard to compare apples to apples with subjective factors like style, but we’ll leave it up to you which phones looks the best or feels nicest in the hand. Regardless of which phone you favor, Android fans should rejoice. These things just keep getting better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well thats that I suppose.. I would love to see some of your opinions (especially Incredible owners)

and Thank you for reading :)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pretty much agreed still love my Droid though, from what I've read though the Display and Software winner is debatable for some folks. Lol I've only used Sense once on the Eris and it seemed pretty solid I did notive a little bit of lag, but haven't played with the Incredible yet so I can't really compare. I'd hope it'd be better than the Eris though, especially with all the crap I run in the background.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
**For the record I have never used or seen an Inc. yet. Just going on what I read***

EDIT: I left out portability and call quality/reception earlier.

Ok here is my take:

Display - debatable. (See LCD TV. vs. Plasma TV) Even with the update downgrading the colors of the Droid, this is still debatable to me.

Processor - Inc.

Keyboard - cant compare cuz the Inc. doesnt have a physical one so I would stratch this off: Even if you compare the virtual ones, the Inc. doesnt have a physical one.

Camera - Inc.

Software - Debatable. Like some ppl didnt like Vista/Win 7 UI vs. XP Pro's. I actually thought Vista/Win 7's UI was more user friendly. If Sense UI's is more user friendly, I would give the edge to Inc.

Battery Life - Imma say debatable also. Lets say if you can disable Sense UI, would that help with battery life? Even tho I saw someone post a pic on here and the Inc. Display was using waay less battery than the Droid. Or if you want out the box: Put that processor in a Droid or have the Droid run at 1Ghz, with no ability to underclock for specific reasons with SetCPU (for those that try to mention that) and lets see how the battery on the Droid does. Better yet, that processor AND Sense UI on the Droid and lets see how the battery does.

Memory - I would actually give that to Inc.: More internal memory. The added internal memory helps make the Inc. faster, speeder, snappier.

Portability - Inc. No physical keyboard, plastic = lighter.

And the the main thing I want in a phone above all else: Call quailty and reception. Debatable too.....

Even in my lil half-baked analysis, the Inc still comes out on top...And Im a card carrying member of the Motorola Droid Fan Club.

Last edited:

R1Lover

Reaction score
I could not see my droid display outside in the sun at all.... and I can with the incredible, so I'm pretty happy about that fact alone... hard to see who is calling when your golfing... lol

mach330

Reaction score
i'm starting to see the droid vs dinc as the m3 vs 335. lol...

my wife has the droid and i have the dinc. i cannot find anything i like more than the droid than my dinc. i love the physical keyboard of phones, but i just cannot like the droid physical keyboard. the virtual keyboard on the dinc is much much better. i actually don't miss a physical keyboard of my voyager. i overclock my wife's droid too and my dinc is just so much faster (mainly smoother). no lag whatsoever. more importantly, as much as i love the droid in everything (i still do), it was a tad heavy/not as portable to me. i can feel it everywhere i go. my dinc on the other hand feels so nice in the hand.

either way. vzw customers will be happy with these two choices. i'm just happy that the android phones are spreading like a virus. finally consumers have a choice other than that iphone crap.

cb2000a

Reaction score
Here's my take on it. The DIn (see not so vulgar) is a nice phone for sure, but it will be eclipsed by this summer. If one was to keep up with the phone tech it would be a large financial drain. No phone is perfect. I am quite happy with the MDroid and plan on staying with it for at least a year. It certainly is not obsolete by any definition. If I do indeed get a new phone I want a bigger screen and dual processors. So I will wait.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's my take on it. The DIn (see not so vulgar) is a nice phone for sure, but it will be eclipsed by this summer. If one was to keep up with the phone tech it would be a large financial drain. No phone is perfect. I am quite happy with the MDroid and plan on staying with it for at least a year. It certainly is not obsolete by any definition. If I do indeed get a new phone I want a bigger screen and dual processors. So I will wait.

Great point, BTW that sounds like the next HTC device. HTC Eclips lol