Hands on the Motorola Droid RAZR - Engadget

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;4y0-uCB66xE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y0-uCB66xE[/video]

To everyone who rocked a Motorola RAZR in the '00s, it's time to get excited again. The line -- or at least the name -- has been reborn, and not without good reason. This is a thin device -- extremely thin. The Droid RAZR by Motorola is 7.1mm thin, in fact, and holding it up next to the iPhone 4 makes Apple's phone look downright beefy by comparison. At 127 grams, it's also incredibly light, a fact that's quite apparent the first time you hold thing -- we were honestly a bit surprised when it was first dropped in our hands. The company has clearly come a long way from the first generation Droid.

Of course, as noted, Motorola didn't skimp on the specs here. The RAZR's got a 1.2GHz dual-core processor and 1GB inside, and it does zip through apps with ease. The handset is rocking Android 2.3 Gingerbread -- or at least was during our hands-on. No word on Ice Cream Sandwich -- though we'll no doubt be hearing more about that OS at tonight's event. The 4.3 inch qHD Super AMOLED display is quite bright, and should do wonders on those Netflix HD videos.

Also of note is the phone's relative ruggedness, thanks to its Kevlar backing, diamond cut aluminum and Gorilla Glass, but in spite of these facts, it really doesn't feel or particularly look like a rugged device in your hands, just a big, surprisingly light handset. It's a slick, fast, thin phone, that certainly seems worthy of the RAZR name we've all know and love

cece5702

Reaction score
They go from one extreme to the next. Now we have a really nice phone on the horizon with no removable battery? Why cant they ever make a perfect phone? I dont think I'll be getting a Razr.

Insidious

Reaction score
The iphone doesn't have a removable battery. Made they'll have optimized there software enough to where batery pulls aren't necessay and maybe battery life will be good enough to not need an extended battery

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums