Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

razr.png

The Motorola DROID RAZR has arrived and it's stunning - it's the thinnest smartphone out there with a 0.28-inch (7.1mm) body. Moreover, it fits LTE in that ultra slim case, but also a 1.2GHz dual-core processor and all the perks of a high-end handset. While most of that fits in a spec sheet, there's something more about the all new RAZR - it comes with kevlar reinforced back side, so it's not only thin, but very durable. Designwise, it features the signature diamond shape present in the latest Moto devices and first seen in the Motorola PHOTON 4G.

On the software side it comes with Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread which will be a downer for most but I'm sure it won't be long before we get ICS on this bad boy. In either case, it's amazingly thin and this alone should already catch your eye. How does it fare against the current Android elite? Take a look at the spec smackdown including the Samsung Galaxy S II and the Motorola DROID BIONIC, but also the biggest contender from the other camp - the Apple iPhone 4S.

motorola-droid-razr-spec-comparison-1.jpg

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Besides the .2GHz CPU bump, screen, and size. Does the Razr really over shadow the Bionic?

What worries me is that the razr will suffer from the same radio issues the Bionic has now.

crwys

Reaction score
Besides the .2GHz CPU bump, screen, and size. Does the Razr really over shadow the Bionic?

What worries me is that the razr will suffer from the same radio issues the Bionic has now.

It is:
Thinner, better screen, better processors, better front facing camera, better battery, and the phone looks amazing. (Probably some other small details that I am missing)
Also what makes you say that the Razr will suffer from the same radio issues the Bionic has now?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
It is:
Thinner, better screen, better processors, better front facing camera, better battery, and the phone looks amazing. (Probably some other small details that I am missing)
Also what makes you say that the Razr will suffer from the same radio issues the Bionic has now?

Is the CPU a different OMAP then the Bionic?

From my understanding the Bionic had a Moto made LTE radio or something in it. Obviously the Razr would have a custom one as well. I guess that Moto could have fixed it before release.

notoriousplaya9

Reaction score
bionic shame

I just bought a Droid Bionic. I'm literally crying in pain as I see all these new pictures of this amazing new phone that Motorola has been secretly working on.. How come they release this just a month after the Bionic? Now literally no one is going to buy a bionic, did verizon/motorola even care? I'm pissed and am considering selling my phone and then buying a razr retail... but oh wait who would even want a bionic??????

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score

It's not a huge difference. I seriously doubt the user experience on the RAZR will differ much from the Bionic. The guts are basically the same. I think the RAZR's main selling point will be the form factor and build materials..

With that said, I would have taken the RAZR over my Bionic if given the chance, but right now I have zero desire to try and sell my Bionic and buy a RAZR. It'd be an epic waste of money. It'd be like buying a new 400hp car, then selling it at a big loss to buy a newer version of the same car with 430hp.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
I just bought a Droid Bionic. I'm literally crying in pain as I see all these new pictures of this amazing new phone that Motorola has been secretly working on.. How come they release this just a month after the Bionic? Now literally no one is going to buy a bionic, did verizon/motorola even care? I'm pissed and am considering selling my phone and then buying a razr retail... but oh wait who would even want a bionic??????

Wow.. Im 180 degrees opposed to you. I recognize the RAZR is easily the "better" device, but do you honestly think it's that much better than the Bionic that it warrants selling your Bionic and shelling out $600+tax for an off-contract RAZR?

From a usability/functionality standpoint, do you really expect to see that big of difference?

EDIT: I could see ditching the Bionic if this thing was running ICS, running a different CPU, had 2GB of RAM, a HD screen, etc, etc.. Right now It's kind of a Bionic in a really slim body.

It reminds me of the original RAZR. The phone was actually the same as all the other Moto flip phones that were out at the time. It was just in a super slim body.

Last edited:

lobo13

Reaction score
It was delayed. They were not going to delay their other phones just cause Bionic was delayed. It would have delayed a bunch of other phones. If this phone had come out around the time it was supposed to, alongside the HTC Thunderbolt then a lot of people wouldn't complain as much. It's just bad timing. That's all.