Droid getting very slow...

Steve91T

Reaction score
What's up guys. I've had my Droid since last September. Its been great with the exception of a few glitches (locking up, GPS not locking on) but lately its been getting slow. For example, right now typing on the screen keyboard, its very slow.

Overall, its getting bogged down. What can I do to clean it out?

Simple please, I don't want to root my phone.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
J

Johnly

root that phone and sup it up like a DSM with headers, turbo, and bored cylinders! IMO is like being captain obvious, everything every one states is O!

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
Yeah rooting and putting on one of the great ROMS here in the forum (assuming you haven't) is a good start. My phone has been slow lately too even with rooted P3Droid Froyo rom. After a titanium backup, data and cache wipe, then an install of Ultimate Droid 5.0.1, I'm at blazing speeds.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
how did u find a droid last september?

Yeah someone had to ask.;)

OP there are a couple of things you can do without rooting. Get rid of task killers and virus protection. Get an app called cache cleaner. And if that doesn't do it for you then you will probably need to do a factory data reset. That should clean up all that junk yo got on there. That should get your droids as good as new.

OP
S

Steve91T

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I actually don't have any anti virus or task killers. The only cache cleaner I could find required it to be rooted.

The factory reset will dump all my apps and everything?

Steve