Sluggish Typing on original Droid

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone's familiar with sluggish typing on the virtual keyboard with the original droid. I've noticed it lately, but it's happened before. I don't have a ton of apps, run stock for the most part with a couple wigets(beautiful, weather/news,pandora,facebook).

Seems like anytime I'm typing, whether it's in google search or navigation, letters are very slow to come up.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
When I had my Droid sometimes it did bog down a bit. Although a little slow it was still accurate and the words were typed in correctly.

OP
Liderc

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on fixing the problem? Seems to only occur in the browser/navigation, but text messages seem fine.

OP
Liderc

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Was browsing the web and found that some people found clearing the cache for the browser could help speed up typing in the browser and it definitely seems to have improved.

nateccnn

Reaction score
Try installing launcher pro. I had the same issue and launcher pro may have solved it for me. I tried a few things at the same time so I can't saynfor sure it was LP.

Ultimate solution would be to over clock that bad boy. Just saying.

Nate

OP
Liderc

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I considered overclocking (I do major OC'ing with PC's), but I felt like this was more of a problem of configuration of sorts, as I've seen the original droid work perfectly well without OC'ing. I think my full cache may have been the browser slow down problem.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Having an overclocked droid for almost a year, I agree - I couldn't stand typing on my friend's stock Droid 1. It just can't keep up with my typing (that has increased). Need at least a 1Ghz overclock to type smoothly. The type of keyboard you use can slow things down too.