Motorola Droid 3 - Ongoing problems!

morellas

Reaction score
I purchased my first smartphone in February, the Motorola Droid 3. I have been having problems with it a week after activating it. The virtual keyboard types randoms letters and when I backspace to delete, it adds more letters. When sitting by itself, the screen will change to another screen. Also when I go to stop using the camera or another feature, it will shut off randomly. The keyboard also does not remain lit up when I am typing which makes it difficult to type at night. Anyone of any suggestions on what can be done? I have made numerous calls to Verizon, reset the phone to its factory settings several times, removed the battery several times to no avail. I have been told I would have to trade it in for a refurbished like new replacement phone but do not agree at all. I would like a replacement brand new droid 3 phone and don't seem to be able to get this. :angry:
I have been an Verizon customer since 2004 ~ Help!

shaggykid

Reaction score
I've noticed with these touch screen phones if your hands are sweaty or a drop of water gets on the screen it can make it start acting crazy like that. It happens to me frequently on my DroidX. Usually turning the screen off and wiping your screen off will fix the problem.

I could be wrong but it sounds like that is your issue.

I'm not sure about your camera problem though. I know I've have issues once in a while where mine won't load or the gallery won't load my pictures. But it never shuts my phone down.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Do these problems happen when the phone is charging? Are you using the stock usb cable/charger? 3rd party usb cables/chargers have been known to cause problems with Android.

Also what shaggy said, make sure the screen has no moisture on it otherwise that'll mess with it big time.

OP
M

morellas

Reaction score
Motorola Droid 3 Ongoing Problems

Thanks - I have a screen protector on it and I always make sure the screen is clear/clean and free of moisture. It happens when it is not charging and when it is charging, I am unable to unlock the screen. I understand there have been problems with the virtual keyboard adding multiple letters. Just wasnt sure if replacing this phone with a brand new one would fix all these issues. I love the phone but am getting frustrated with the problems. Thanks!