Droid forums Android phone kickstarter.

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Nope never had one went from flip phones to the moto citrus(worst phone ever!) To the d2

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I just might have to track a bb down do i can make you a video. I was able to set a different type if led flash to every single thing. Text messages looked like a police siren, my wife calling was her favorite colors and i set it up to flash i love you in Morse code. Emails Facebook blocked calls... I could set everything that and the today screen are the two things i miss the absolute most from my blackberry. I've been looking for a way to incorporate that into my Droid but I have lacked the time to learn to code until recently.

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I just might have to track a bb down do i can make you a video. I was able to set a different type if led flash to every single thing. Text messages looked like a police siren, my wife calling was her favorite colors and i set it up to flash i love you in Morse code. Emails Facebook blocked calls... I could set everything that and the today screen are the two things i miss the absolute most from my blackberry. I've been looking for a way to incorporate that into my Droid but I have lacked the time to learn to code until recently.

I've recently tried to learn to code also. What language are you gonna learn?

KooLBradeR

Reaction score
I've got java, prolog, a bit of php, a bit of C++, C#. I'm mostly java and C# though. I recommend for dummies books coz they really teach u the basics and it's important 4 u to get the basics down before moving on to tougher programming. Make sure u learn Data Structure in any programming language. Data Structure is important!

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I tried c++ and dev-c++ ide/compiler and I understood the code that the c++ for dummies books said and the ide kept throwing errors that weren't there

KooLBradeR

Reaction score
I tried c++ and dev-c++ ide/compiler and I understood the code that the c++ for dummies books said and the ide kept throwing errors that weren't there

Lol! if ur code is correct then ur compiler is wrong or ur missing some libraries.. Happens all the time~

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've learned the basics of java c++ and some random game languages like morrowind and the Jedi knight series some half life as well.

I've always been more if a hardware and software troubleshooting kind of guy

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I've always been more if a hardware and software troubleshooting kind of guy

Same with me but im trying become an all-in-one when it comes to computers

KooLBradeR

Reaction score
Mindless rant after 30 hours of no sleep

Same with me but im trying become an all-in-one when it comes to computers

I dunno y u guys want to be all rounder in computers.. Whenever I tell anyone that I'm taking my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, everyone starts asking me for favors on Hardware/software troubleshooting, coding, game designing and lots more. It's as if my time is unlimited and I'm supposed to help all these people for free when I don't even learn half the stuff they want me to do in college. Yeah I study a bit of coding but mostly robotics and the human brain but people automatically assume I can do everything when it comes to computers and phones. I'm not saying I don't have the skill, coz I am good when it comes to computers and phones.. I guess I'm just ranting on about stereotypical minds. :p

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I dunno y u guys want to be all rounder in computers.. Whenever I tell anyone that I'm taking my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, everyone starts asking me for favors on Hardware/software troubleshooting, coding, game designing and lots more. It's as if my time is unlimited and I'm supposed to help all these people for free when I don't even learn half the stuff they want me to do in college. Yeah I study a bit of coding but mostly robotics and the human brain but people automatically assume I can do everything when it comes to computers and phones. I'm not saying I don't have the skill, coz I am good when it comes to computers and phones.. I guess I'm just ranting on about stereotypical minds. :p

Go to vistaprint.com and get some cards. When someone asks you a question, charge them at an hourly price like an attorney (but cheaper :) )

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Go to vistaprint.com and get some cards. When someone asks you a question, charge them at an hourly price like an attorney (but cheaper :) )

This is how i started getting paid. I told people if they wanted help it wasn't free. Then they told people they knew. The more valuable you make your time the more people will pay. You'd be surprised. I help the super cuts in Seattle when they have computer issues and i always get paid.

KooLBradeR

Reaction score
Lol. I just can't seem to charge my friends. I feel like the thing I do even if it consumes my time, is so bloody simple that it would be a rip off to charge. But I do charge them if it meant coming into their office to do some maintenence work.

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Lol. I just can't seem to charge my friends. I feel like the thing I do even if it consumes my time, is so bloody simple that it would be a rip off to charge. But I do charge them if it meant coming into their office to do some maintenence work.

Doesn't matter how simple, your time is money. If they can't figure it out then they pay to have it fixed. Gives them incentive to figure it out.

sniperf250

Reaction score
Im gonna throw my 2¢ in. What about making the phone mil-spec or beyond? I work in the oil field in east texas and its actually very hard to find a tough phone that actually has some (pardon me but for lack of a better term) balls. I mean i have a razr and its plenty tough but i go through like 3-4 phones a year for one reason or another i understand affordable is a must but can we possibly figure out a phone for the semi-tech savvy oil field, construction, and other various dangerous or tough demanding jobs? It would be a life saver for me and others that are hard on our phones and could net some very large mutimillion dollar contracts with the likes of halliburton and other large companies including the military. Forgive me for the run on sentences just expressing a definite need for those of us with jobs that require something a little tougher than an otterbox case lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR in blue! using Droid Forums

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Im gonna throw my 2¢ in. What about making the phone mil-spec or beyond? I work in the oil field in east texas and its actually very hard to find a tough phone that actually has some (pardon me but for lack of a better term) balls. I mean i have a razr and its plenty tough but i go through like 3-4 phones a year for one reason or another i understand affordable is a must but can we possibly figure out a phone for the semi-tech savvy oil field, construction, and other various dangerous or tough demanding jobs? It would be a life saver for me and others that are hard on our phones and could net some very large mutimillion dollar contracts with the likes of halliburton and other large companies including the military. Forgive me for the run on sentences just expressing a definite need for those of us with jobs that require something a little tougher than an otterbox case lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR in blue! using Droid Forums

I've actually been thinking about this myself, being in the army I've taken my phone to some pretty crazy places. I know some people who want a super tough smartphone and sadly their only option is the subpar casio g'zone offerings... while their feature phones were fine and they did do an android smart phone version the specs were, well anything but stellar.

that being said I was actually wondering how hard it would be to make an "I can run this over with my 18 wheeler and STILL play the top of the line games on it" android phone.