Droid forums Android phone kickstarter.

sniperf250

Reaction score
Well some high impact plastic with a thin rubber coating for better grip or some type of lightweight incredibly strong alloy as the casing and gorilla glass or cornings newest offering thereof and waterPROOF is a must but doesnt have to be extremely thick either

Sent from my DROID RAZR in blue! using Droid Forums

KooLBradeR

Reaction score
I think being tough is good and all but for a multi million dollar company that releases a bunch of phones, it would be easy for them to put out such a phone for the minority and still be on top of the market. But for us, I say stick to the majority of the market which aims for sleek, cool looking phone with excellent cell reception, is fast and has an extended battery life to actually make use of all the smartness of a smartphone. We can't afford to make a phone to please everyone because everyone has different taste. We should only attack the majority or at least at 1st. Once we've made a name for ourselves then we can do other types of phones if we want.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I've actually been thinking about this myself, being in the army I've taken my phone to some pretty crazy places. I know some people who want a super tough smartphone and sadly their only option is the subpar casio g'zone offerings... while their feature phones were fine and they did do an android smart phone version the specs were, well anything but stellar.

that being said I was actually wondering how hard it would be to make an "I can run this over with my 18 wheeler and STILL play the top of the line games on it" android phone.

The only thing I can think of (ATM) would be a titanium infused case, but that might hinder reception, unless we were able to make a port or area that was able to focus signal waves to a central location that housed the antenna.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Or maybe that plastic that "bounces" back to its previous shape with a little heat. Memory plastic?

KooLBradeR

Reaction score
Do you guys think using the best dual core chip out there on the market is the best or should we opt out for a dual core chip from china that good enough to run 1080p vid render 3D gaming but scores a little lower in benchmark scores? It would definitely be a lot cheaper and only real hardcore users would detect the slight difference in the two chips..

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I would choose the best. Afterall, this phone is geared toward the "Hardcore" Android users.

Last edited:

drew96dawg

Reaction score
We need to find a balance between top of the line and affordability. The price should right around $700 the price of todays top smartphones

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
We need to find a balance between top of the line and affordability. The price should right around $700 the price of todays top smartphones

The problem is those prices are artificially inflated due to the fact that they still offer subsidized pricing. these phones should honestly be no more than 400. The manufacturers have got to be making money hand over fist with the current pricing structure.

People think they are getting a deal by getting a $700 phone for 199. It's all just smoke and mirrors. I guarantee if we go to a company like Intel, who i happen to live two hours away from, and tell them what we are trying to accomplish and that we want the most advanced chip period they'd be willing to help. Assuming we can get enough crowd funding.

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
The problem is those prices are artificially inflated due to the fact that they still offer subsidized pricing. these phones should honestly be no more than 400. The manufacturers have got to be making money hand over fist with the current pricing structure.

People think they are getting a deal by getting a $700 phone for 199. It's all just smoke and mirrors. I guarantee if we go to a company like Intel, who i happen to live two hours away from, and tell them what we are trying to accomplish and that we want the most advanced chip period they'd be willing to help. Assuming we can get enough crowd funding.

That's true id pay 400 for cellular freedom

KooLBradeR

Reaction score
Guys, We'd better step it up if we want to start developing this thing. The chinese have just did what we want to accomplish. Today they launched a quad-core phone with specs that will blow away all it's competition. It's the most powerful yet affordable phone on the market at only $313. I feel like buying one of these babies!! Check it out here.

Owh, did I forget to mention it's running on Jelly Bean? :p

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Guys, We'd better step it up if we want to start developing this thing. The chinese have just did what we want to accomplish. Today they launched a quad-core phone with specs that will blow away all it's competition. It's the most powerful yet affordable phone on the market at only $313. I feel like buying one of these babies!! Check it out here.

Owh, did I forget to mention it's running on Jelly Bean? :p

Those bastards style our idea, rofl.

So there's proof it can be done I like nearly everything about the phone aside from the plastic back.

Yes let's step it up.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i say lets do it. lets design a build something here in america.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Gung_Ho_36413_Medium.jpg

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of something that is nearly Bezel less?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Like that idea.