More Rumors Emerge of a Super-Flagship LG Phone with New Quad-Core and More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-logo-fuzzy.jpeg

Yesterday we started hearing some more internet rumblings regarding the mythical super high-end flagship phone from LG. Actually, some of the rumors contradict each other so we thought it would be simpler to just share them with you guys and let you speculate as to which ones are accurate and which are not. The first rumor we found has the following specs.

New LG Flagship rumor one:
  • LG custom-designed quad-core Arm Cortex A9 - Called the L9 (intriguing if true, as it will mean another competitor in the high-end quad-core chipset arena)
  • Same True HD Screen as in the Optimus 4X HD
  • Camera with 10MP+
New LG Flagship rumor two: (this one may actually be the same as the previous one with simply more updated info)
  • Maybe called the LG-F180
  • Qualcomm APQ8064 Snapdragon S4 SoC, with a 1.5GHz quad-core Krait CPU and the new Adreno 320 GPU
  • 2GB of RAM
  • LTE
  • 5-incher 1280 by 720 pixels display - likely non-Pentile, (LG calls it true HD)
  • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
  • A design inspired by the Optimus L series
  • 13MP primary camera
  • NFC
  • 2100mAh battery
Some of this stuff seems to line up with previous rumors we have reported, except for the rumors of a custom LG quad-core chip. From looking at the intel, we are inclined to trust the second info a bit more than the first. However, it is possible that LG is working on more than one high-end device at the moment. It's possible that this phone is the same as the LG LS970 Eclipse we heard about previously, or it could be a completely separate device. One of the most intriguing things about these rumors is that it seems like the problem of combining an LTE radio with a quad-core chip has been solved. It will be interesting to find out more later, and in fact the rumors also suggest we will know something more concrete in September. We may even get a launch at that time.

What's really surprising about this is that it is possible the most powerful Android device of 2012 might actually end up coming from LG...

Source: AndroidAuthority and PhoneArena

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I was super impressed with the Optimus HD so I'm sure these next devices will be phenomenal. LG is really stepping up to the plate with their Android handsets (in my opinion)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Wow with devices like this coming out, moto better step it up on the HD or else they'll be even further in the rears.. :(

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Caesars

Reaction score
Poor LG, they're going to make stellar devices like this, and no sales rep in the country will offer it.

quadtronix

Reaction score
I like the sound of those specs... well, that's a bit of an understatement! But seriously, a 1.5 GHz Quad Core Krait with 2 GB of RAM and a 5" screen? Now we're talking! :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sounds like a beast! May be able to jump your car with it! :biggrin:

It may make your car fly once it integrates with it..:eek:

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I agree LG phones are definitely getting better. I'm interested in this.

Valvoline

Reaction score
Gosh,I got a 4.8" screen now, and it is stretching the limits of one hand usage. when is it going to end. 5 inch screen is too galaxy note for me, which for me is Just a small tablet. If I cant use my phone with one hand it actually starts losing functionality for me

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow with devices like this coming out, moto better step it up on the HD or else they'll be even further in the rears.. :(

What are you talking about, Verizon:icon_ devil: will make sure the masses know that the new Motto is the best device out there "cough cough":biggrin:, they will advertise it to death just like every other crappy motto before it.