Droid Coming - Any tips, must haves, etc?

swalser

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new too! :)

I just ordered my Droid and it is on its way, yay!

Are there any tips to maximize my Droid experience? I.e. other sites I should visit, things I should take advantage of on this site right away, etc.

Also, any "must have" accessories that I should order right away?! I was looking at some pictures and it appears that the outside of the Droid gets scratched/nicked after some use so I was thinking about getting a case, perhaps this one: Amazon.com: Seidio Innocase Surface Case for Motorola DROID (Black): Cell Phones & Service

And what about screen protectors? I've read that they're unnecessary...

Thank you! :icon_ banana:

-Sean

Mojo

Reaction score
Get it play with it for a few days while keeping it nice and shiny... then box it back up and take it back and get the Droid Incredible on the 29th.. then return to the forum to report your joy of doing so :)

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't listen to everything you ... eh... read. :D

Welcome, no matter what you choose.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got the screen protectors from Verizon. After a few days I took it off. Girlfriend complained it was hard to use with it on. Turns out she was used to using a different type of screen. I cant really say if u need them or not but I havent put any back on, and no scratches yet after 3 weeks.

Yes, get some type of case. If you want a docking stand, get u an eZeStand. Now for software? I recommend: Swype or Shape Writer on screen keyboards. Its looks gimmicky but if u can get the hang of it its very useful, a backup app, a file manager app, thats all I can think of to get you started.

As far as other sites? U started at the right place. Just looking around and reading here u will eventually learn about the other sites to go to. Just take your time, make yourself at home.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just check out the top rated apps in each section in the market and browse that

also, seidio makes an excellent case - very form fitting. a must have if ur the slightest bit clumsy (like meee :) )

and just stick around here and learn