Droid Calls The WRONG Person

dverplank

Reaction score
The droid calls random people when dialing from the call log. I thought maybe I was doing this accidentally by pressing the wrong contact but today I paid close attention and when I redialed a call it dialed ANOTHER CONTACT. WTF???

chuk1005

Reaction score
The droid calls random people when dialing from the call log. I thought maybe I was doing this accidentally by pressing the wrong contact but today I paid close attention and when I redialed a call it dialed ANOTHER CONTACT. WTF???

My droid was having this issue at one point I had to enable google voice so that it would prompt me (to use gv or my standard number) before calling anyone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I think this calls for a factory reset, without the apps so that would be a hard reset. See how it works without any apps in it. If you still have an issue, take it back and get another one. If it works then one of your apps is acting up somehow. Add the apps back slowly, see if you can find what's causing this issue.

I know that sounds kind of odd, but it's worth a try.

Mamba94

Reaction score

I have noticed this too. I thought that I was just hitting the wrong contact by mistake but that's not the case. It doesn't happen every time (it's pretty sporadic for me) but when it does it seems to dial the last number instead of the contact I just selected in the call log. Pretty weird!!

JarrettV

Reaction score
Each contact can have multiple contacts (gmail, facebook, exchange) and if any of those get mixed up, this may happen. Double check the details of the contacts.

JTDroid

Reaction score
I have had this problem also it bothered me at the beginning but then i got use to it. you would try to touch on a person or item and it will either call the wrong person or scroll down, i think it might be a software problem but i dont know for sure, but if its a defective touch screen (dont think it is), i might wanna go to verizon.

theonuts

Reaction score

I have noticed this too. I thought that I was just hitting the wrong contact by mistake but that's not the case. It doesn't happen every time (it's pretty sporadic for me) but when it does it seems to dial the last number instead of the contact I just selected in the call log. Pretty weird!!

yeah i think it has happend twice or so for me. i notice it when i scroll down through my call log, but dont go back to the top before i exit back to the home screen. then when i go back to the call log and make a call that way it does it. doesnt really bother me because i notice it right away and end the call if it happens before it even rings.

dfalcon217

Reaction score
Seems like my problem applies here, so I'll wake this dead thread.

Wifeys cell number is stored in my MotoDroid. My house number isn't anymore.
Dial wifeys number from dialer, shortcut, call log doesnt matter. I hear ringback tone for about 2 seconds and then it switches to normal ring and dials my house phone. very strange

m42duster

Reaction score
D/L and install "not call log" from apps. You can set phone to default to different screens after last call. Avoids redialing calls from log.

altjx

Reaction score
Lol. that's funny. happened to me awhile ago too. even used to txt the wrong person sometimes too. i remember texting my mother instead of my GF, heh. that went pretty awkward :p