droid 1 has a mind of it's own - making random calls?

dewesner

Reaction score
Several times I have gotten calls from people saying they missed a call from me. These are random people, not people in my contact list. The calls do not show up in my call log. Any ideas on what is going on?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Several times I have gotten calls from people saying they missed a call from me. These are random people, not people in my contact list. The calls do not show up in my call log. Any ideas on what is going on?

I look at any new apps I installed recently first. The second thing I would look at was whether I'd been using a non-Motorola charger or cable. The Droid 1 was always subject to very, very strange behavior while being connected to the wrong charger or cable. This problem seemed to include strange visuals on the screen, random apps starting, and random calls. Another possibility, and this happens to my wife, is that the phone is being activated when placed near a magnet. In my wife's case it's the magnetic clasp on her purse. The phone is activated automatically to car dock mode and one of the options on that screen is to place a call.

Good luck.

Reaction score
An app called evil operator can make a phone think you called it and you think the phone called you.

"Without man, there is no problem, no man no problem." -Stalin