Phone Dialer

tgotch

Reaction score
I use my Droid as a phone quite a bit. I experience substantial lag quite a bit as well. I will touch the phone icon, and many times it will take anywhere from 10-20+ seconds for the dialer to come up. Other times I will go to call history and click on a contact to redial, again it may take 10-20+ seconds or more to dial. Many times it does not seem like it is responding, so I touch the dial button several times....

Anyone know what might be causing this, or have an alternative? I use GDE for home screen, would this be a cause?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

myriad46

Reaction score
Does anything else lag, or just the phone functions? It does sound like something else may be running. Also, as stable as it is, sometimes turning it off and then back on will cure a number of ills. It's not Windows, but nobody's perfect. Now, if you are having to restart the phone more than once a week or so, you've got a bigger problem. If you think it's your home replacment, disable it and do a little testing. Go into the running applciations list (settings - applicationa - running applications) and see what's going on.