them0nk

Reaction score
dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

now to wait for CM7

khhan

Reaction score
sorry guys im a noob to smartphone
i don't get this what does the recovery do to the rooted phone?

them0nk

Reaction score
it's the first step towards custom roms.

root, then custom recovery, then roms can be built...

although we have custom recovery, we have to wait for the drivers (per say) to get put into a package for the roms...

for instance CM7 for D3 WILL NOT be the same as bionic because they have different processors and will need different things to talk to each of them.

I dont know how easy these will be or if they can be at all taken out of the stock roms... so although this is GREAT NEWS we're still not to CM7 yet...

personally because i'm only half-heartedly into the tech side of android (time constraints) i wont be doing a custom recovery until it's a simple program and cm7 is supported fully. In which i think wont take long on this phone... it's the hot stuff right now - But when another similar phone comes out the bionic will be in trouble. (which is going to happen within the next month or so)

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hereeee weee goooo

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
it's the first step towards custom roms.

root, then custom recovery, then roms can be built...

although we have custom recovery, we have to wait for the drivers (per say) to get put into a package for the roms...

for instance CM7 for D3 WILL NOT be the same as bionic because they have different processors and will need different things to talk to each of them.

I dont know how easy these will be or if they can be at all taken out of the stock roms... so although this is GREAT NEWS we're still not to CM7 yet...

personally because i'm only half-heartedly into the tech side of android (time constraints) i wont be doing a custom recovery until it's a simple program and cm7 is supported fully. In which i think wont take long on this phone... it's the hot stuff right now - But when another similar phone comes out the bionic will be in trouble. (which is going to happen within the next month or so)

Actually the D3 and Bionic do have the same processor.

c_mack9

Reaction score
we really have to thank the D3 community. all of their hard work is paying off big time for usr bionic owners.

jjbinks82

Reaction score
WHOOOOSHAAAA!!!!!

Im so F'n thrilled to hear about that!!! Cant wait to see what'next!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rensik

Reaction score
If anyone finds a link with instructions on how to actually do this please post it.

from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
nawdman

nawdman

Reaction score
If anyone finds a link with instructions on how to actually do this please post it.

from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

@CVPCS has it working but hasn't released it yet still in testing as of an hour ago

idefiler6

Reaction score
There's actually 2 versions we're waiting on. @cvpcs which is working on a bootstrapped recovery and @p3droid which is working on 2nd init.

shamus

Reaction score
Wasn't CVPCS the same guy that lied about gaining root on a device a while ago? Just curious.