Good news on Nexus...

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Ahh, gotcha, yeah, those are the adjustments I was talking about. Sorry.

Believe me, I really want the phone to release as close to glitch free as possible. Otherwise, the boards are going to blow up. Well, more than they already have. :D

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If it ends up having the same LTE connectivity problems that the Razr/Rezound/Bionic have, then we'll know it's Verizon's network and not the phone's problem.
I've traveled from L.A to Austin via car last weekend and have watched different areas drop 4G, 3G, data at different stops (where 4G was available) I'm now in Austin and I have to say coverage has been PERFECT. No dropped data yet 4G to 3G hand off has been excellent.

L.A had it's spots where I'd cycle data and some spots were perfect. Living in L.A and now being in Austin I can honestly say Austin's coverage is MUCH better

I'm convinced it's Verizons LTE network based on my travels. Nexus WILL have it's issues with the same thing and it will burn through battery something fierce in some areas. Every phone until mid 2012 will probably suffer the same issues. It all depends where you live and until the network and tech matures people will just have to deal with it.

I hate to bring Apple into the mix but there's a reason they haven't gone LTE. It's just not there yet.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I'm convinced it's Verizons LTE network based on my travels. Nexus WILL have it's issues with the same thing and it will burn through battery something fierce in some areas. Every phone until mid 2012 will probably suffer the same issues. It all depends where you live and until the network and tech matures people will just have to deal with it.

I hate to bring Apple into the mix but there's a reason they haven't gone LTE. It's just not there yet.
Perfect summation of my thoughts. Absolutely perfect.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Perfect summation of my thoughts. Absolutely perfect.

I'm quite content using 3G 90% of the time if lte issues should arise. Of course I'm quite content with my OG right now, so I would say that I'm not your average OG owner :)

Briankbl

Reaction score
Galaxy Nexus is releasing this week, basically all confirmed across sources. Shipments received, employees getting trained, available on display in NYC, Bestbuy system, Cellbrite etc etc. Yes, it's this week.

Confirmed across all sources but the one that matters, Verizon.

Oh, and I remember the Nexus Prime showing up in Cellibrite. Whatever happened to that, may I ask?

Sent using common sense.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Confirmed across all sources but the one that matters, Verizon.
Yupper. This is why I'm always very cautious when it comes to these things. The Nexus has been on the release block since November 3rd. In reality though it's going to release before the end of the year (as everyone already knows) so this is as good a time as ever. I wouldn't hang my hat on that release date but we all know it is getting closer :)

That cellebrite was bunk. They don't use the code name for devices in it. That was a dead giveaway it was a hoax

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The difference is the device is physically showing up at Verizon stores. There's also been 3 confirmed shipments in LA, NY and Atlanta.

Reaction score

I totally agree with this.

Don't worry Apple. Android phones will do all the heavy lifting and you can take the credit with your marketing department when the iphone5 drops.

Tas

Reaction score
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums