Droid Bionic Boot-up Video & SpeedTest

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Aug 24, 2011.

1. WenWM

WenWM Premium Member Premium Member

The Droid Bionic is coming in just a few weeks, hopefully, and to get you fired up a video has been shared. The above video shows off the upcoming Android powered device in its prime. It takes you through the fairly quick start-up sequence, and shows off the new honeycomb-like user interface.
    We have seen countless leaks about this phone so far, and still, Verizon is refusing to give us a date on when it will be released. I personally think early next month is Verizon's last chance to really get some good sales with this device. If they have people wait much longer, it will not be able to standup to the upcoming competition --iPhone 5 & Samsung Galaxy S II.

How long are you willing to wait for this device now?

Via: Phandroid
  2. pollardhimself

pollardhimself New Member

Till the 8th screw it if its any longer
  3. GeLopez

GeLopez New Member

amen to that
  4. Sweettooth

Sweettooth New Member

I guess I'm a "little" more forgiving. I'm good as long as it comes out the first part of September. After that I may start looking to devices slated for an October release. I'll be the first to say that it's looking very nice regardless of release date. :)
  5. King_Bean

King_Bean New Member

Samsung Galaxy S2 boots up much faster. I'm just sayin'.
  6. Trusstopher

Trusstopher Super Moderator

Wouldn't know... never seen a US version boot up, but I'll take your word as fact :icon_eek: haha
  7. King_Bean

King_Bean New Member

Of course, I'm referring to the European version with the ASSUMPTION (which may, admittedly, be a wrong one) that the U.S. version will be the same.

Either way, their are pros and cons to both phones. Not saying the S2 is superior. Just saying the Bionic takes longer to boot.
  8. soulpatch

soulpatch New Member

The only time I need to worry about my phone's boot speed is due to me letting the battery die, a crash, or messing around with the OS to rom it or such so this means really little to most of us... Honestly is the SGS2 boots up 10 seconds faster I would potentially save all of 2 minutes a year. Hell even if it was a solid minute faster it is still only like 12 minutes a year (figuring 2 reboots a month)
  9. Trusstopher

Trusstopher Super Moderator

But do you know what we could do with 12 extra minutes a year???? We could take over the world!!!

Meh, I'd probably use it to sleep though
  10. soulpatch

soulpatch New Member

12 minutes more time I would have to sit on here looking for my next phone... lol
    2 people like this.
  11. Stories

Stories New Member

Whoa. Some elaborate animations in the launcher.
  12. King_Bean

King_Bean New Member

The boot time is just an indication that the phone is faster, overall. The S2 is BLAZING fast (European version). From the little I've seen of the Bionic, it doesn't seem quite as "blazing", but again, we haven't seen much of the Bionic. If the Bionic is basically the same as the D3 (minus the LTE), then the S2 is definitely faster and, once again, the boot time aslo hints at that.

Not saying the S2 is better but there are pros and cons to both and I'm definitely not biased to the S2 because I'll probably end up getting whatever comes out first (which means I will likely end up getting the Bionic). Just because I'm likely getting the Bionic doesn't mean I can't tell it like it is and the truth is, the S2 SEEMS to be a faster phone (other than areas where LTE is a factor).
  13. Kryptyk

Kryptyk Member

Well, I have until February to renew my phone and contract. I think I am just going to hold off a bit and be patient. My D1 is still treating me good and runs fine. I just want to see what will happen now with the SGII coming out. I was all for the Bionic, and still am. I just want the best phone that I can get when I renew. The Bionic though is nice though and I like Moto devices due to the fact of their life span as a functioning device.
  14. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

Same with me. I'm just waiting on the August 29th Samsung event before I make my final decision.
  15. creaky

creaky Member

Is it just me or did the transition from the homescreen to the drawer seem to take a while? My CM7 X with ADW launcher is faster.
  16. steveninspokane

steveninspokane New Member

Well, the EU version had to boot fast, it knew that Apple was going to be shutting it down soon.
  17. Tillmorn

Tillmorn Member

Attempting to shut it down, and yet again failing miserably. A patent on how the gallery works? Psh. Software fix by tomorrow.

Anyway, maybe the SII is faster, maybe it isn't. Either way, without Verizon's LTE service it is in no way an option for me, since my apartment complex oddly enough has spotty 3G service but great LTE service. Plus, if the U.S. versions of the SII are anything like the U.S. versions of the original S, people will be waiting for OS updates long after Moto's phones have them.
  18. King_Bean

King_Bean New Member

Perfect example of what I was suggesting. Even if the S2 is faster, speed is not the only thing to take into consideration when deciding which phone (the Bionic or S2) is best for any particular individual user.
  19. King_Bean

King_Bean New Member

I noticed it too. With the S2, there's virtually zero lag when transitioning between different phone functions. Of course, the Bionic is plenty fast for most users' needs. I wish it was as fast as the S2 but even if it's only slightly slower, it might be worth it to have LTE.
  20. creaky

creaky Member

Agreed, LTE is a make-or-break for me on the next phone and as much as I'd like the SGS2 to have it, I don't think it is going to happen.

But, I have a feeling that the dev community is going to really get behind the bionic. So, it should be quite speedy once the custom ROMs and memory tweaks start rolling out. I take it on faith that a phone as big as the Bionic will be rooted fairly quickly - just an assumption, however....
Search tags for this page

how to speedup videos on droidx2