droid-bionic-5-9-905-update-ready-to-rollout-fix

welsalex

Reaction score
Anyone confirm this offical OTA build numbers matching those from the 905 leak? Radio, firmware, webtop, etc?

Sent from my Droid BIONIC via DroidForums

welsalex

Reaction score
Also has the ota affected anyones root? Im motofailed with forever and got voodoo rootkeeper setup, stock nothing frozen/deleted. Root retained?

Sent from my Droid BIONIC via DroidForums

C.A.Marsh1987

Reaction score
Droid Bionic XT875 (.905)

Hey everybody, new to the threads, so whip me gently k? I have the Droid Bionic on the .905 update. There are some really good things about it, and some really bad things about it. But before we get to that let me clear up a few things about the .905 update.

I've scoured the web, there is NO 904-905 or 902-905 updates. You have to flash stock 902 before you apply update 905, if you don't you WILL brick your phone. The phone is obviously unbrickable using RSD Lite and the stock files from Verizon.

That being said, let's move on.

Good things:

Root Still Works - Using MotoFail, not Pete's Practical One Click Tool or whatever he calls it.
Free Mobile WiFi Hack Still Works
Faster
Better Loading Times For Apps
Speedier Browser
Really Long (Uber) Battery Power - Like seriously long, been running my phone all day, which has been 6AM til 5:35PM, and still at 90%, normally at about 40%.

Bad Things:

Some ROMS May Not Function Properly - Give them time, they may have to tweak a few things to work with the new changes.

4GLTE/DATA Is Intermittent - I've done the research and some people just have that problem. Your texts/phone calls still work perfectly fine, but not things that require DATA, like APPS and the Play Store. The bars show up as "white" 4GLTE but the connection really isn't there, even when it's "blue" 4GLTE you get nothing. There are some fixes, such as removing SIM and playing this battery trick (FOLLOW EXACTLY!!):

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...ionic-5-9-905-update-ready-rollout-fix-2.html.

Or by simply obtaining a new (FREE) SIM card from Verizon, which worked best for me.

Camera is still not fixed. It runs better and the auto focus function performs like it should. The quality of the photos have increased but only by a slightly noticeable margin. The flash however still sucks balls. I have never understood why it "blinks" rather than just being "solid" until your picture is taken. Half the pictures you take with flash still miss the flash altogether. (Anyone with fix please contact me, don't tell me to just download another camera APP)

Other than those three minor hiccups, this update is what the Droid Bionic should have been from day ONE!! For those of you waiting for the OTA push, don't bother. More than likely it will be launched on very few "test" phones, I can't remember what the name for it is, and most likely it will come way to close to ICS to even push. We're promised ICS by the end of Q3 "according to Motorola", if we don't have it by then I'll probably be in their parking lot with my pitchfork and torch with the rest of you Bionic Owners.

So flash this update while you can and completely enjoy it.

C.A.Marsh1987

deduct

Reaction score
rosystreasures said:
I am rooted and have the Eclipse v2.2 ROM. All I have is CWM. How do I properly install the update?

Switch to unsafe side so that you are on stock rom. Then check for updates. If u lose root, just run moto fail script and you'll be good.

rosystreasures

Reaction score
Switch to unsafe side so that you are on stock rom. Then check for updates. If u lose root, just run moto fail script and you'll be good.

How do I switch to unsafe side??? I don't see that option in cwm??

deduct

Reaction score
rosystreasures said:
How do I switch to unsafe side??? I don't see that option in cwm??

U use safestrap? or boot strap?

C.A.Marsh1987

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

After hearing the .905 was OTA pushed yesterday, I flashed back to stock and tried to OTA update. I'm located in Rochester, MN and still have no OTA update, so it looks like I'll just be keeping my leaked update.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hey Everybody,

After hearing the .905 was OTA pushed yesterday, I flashed back to stock and tried to OTA update. I'm located in Rochester, MN and still have no OTA update, so it looks like I'll just be keeping my leaked update.

The ota yesterday was actually part of a soak test. So if you didn't get it, you will get it when it goes live for everybody... if all goes well for the testers it could be released Monday or Tuesday :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

xm1

Reaction score
Same Here!

Same exact thing happend to me. I just got this phone. It was used, never rooted. It had and has 5.9.902.XT875.Verizon.en.US on it. I rooted and that is the only thing I have done to the phone.

I am running System version: 5.9.902.XT875.Verizon.en.US and successfully downloaded the update, but I tried installing the update twice and it failed both times.

I accepted the update, and the Droid Bionic rebooted and started the update process. The "package" icon with the progress bar appeared, and at about 25-30%, a "triangle exclamation mark" icon appears. Then there is about a 5 second pause, the Droid Bionic reboots, starts up normally, and eventually an "Update Status The software update failed!" error displays. The OS did not update.

Is there any way I can get at a log to see where it failed?

Is there an alternate download site so that I can flash it from Recovery mode to watch the progress?

Where is the download stored? Can I use Recovery more to flash from where the file is downloaded from Verizon?