droid-bionic-5-9-905-update-ready-to-rollout-fix

Tonik

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it matters that I'm not in my "home" region to get the update? I'm traveling, so does this mean I get it based on my location, or my account? I'm guessing it's my account, but I'm curious.

You get it based on your phone. The IMEI number, it's serial number so to speak. When your number is up you will get it, won't matter where you are as long as you are on VZ's network. When your number is up is totally unpredictable. Two phones with numbers right next to each other could get it days apart.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea... I just read the notes just now!! Well at least their still working on updates for our phones? Better 4g hopefully? :-D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

The release notes fail to mention that it also adds IPv6 support over both cellular and wifi networks. Which is pretty important, as IPv6 launched yesterday.

josh1980

Reaction score
So is the .905 update from a month or so ago the same? Anyone compare md5s or something?

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Dave12308 said:
The release notes fail to mention that it also adds IPv6 support over both cellular and wifi networks. Which is pretty important, as IPv6 launched yesterday.

NICE!!! Hmmm... why didn't they note that? But yea, Kool!!!

josh1980

Reaction score
So is the .905 update from a month or so ago the same? Anyone compare md5s or something?

I found some updates people posted in this thread from today as well as the update from weeks ago. They both have the same MD5... D0FA30F304356F0B2977567D4D758045.

So unless the posts from today are just copies of the file from weeks ago with a new link, the 905 from a few weeks ago is the same.

I know.. I know.. people keep saying that if Motorola changed something they'd change the revision number, but I don't like to make assumptions like that. Trust, but verify!

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Looks like I got pushed 2 extra apps with it ...Google+, messenger+

Edit : messenger app is part of Google +

Last edited:

akhi216

Reaction score
electricman58 said:
Looks like I got pushed 2 extra apps with it ...Google+, messenger+

Edit : messenger app is part of Google +

Google Play Music.

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ok. I am now reverted back to 902 from 904. I didn't see a download link for 905 in the two links at the beginning of the thread. Can someone post a link to the "newest" (for lack of a better term) upgrade file? My wife and I haven't gotten the OTA yet here in Phoenix.

josh1980

Reaction score

Aixa

Reaction score
Sorry for the repost, but.... Are you people that are getting the update ota part of motorolas feedback network/soak test? Its 4pm in utah and still nothing. Thanks for any info.

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Aixa said:
Sorry for the repost, but.... Are you people that are getting the update ota part of motorolas feedback network/soak test? Its 4pm in utah and still nothing. Thanks for any info.

Yea, looks like we are getting the soak! Did you get the e-mail from MOTO today? I think we all got it right before the push!

deduct

Reaction score
rosystreasures said:
This link is for 902.....I am confused.

It's the. 905. It reads the system version you will be upgrading from.