Droid 3 with radio hack having tethering issues

himdroidSC

Reaction score
Hello gang,
I completed the radio hack a couple weeks ago, and all seemed well when I ran the test right after completing the hack. I had not used tethering since then because I usually have no need for it. Today, I actually needed it, but when I tether using either method (wireless or USB), the internet toggles off and on constantly.

When I use the wireless hotspot method, 3G keeps dropping out on me, then back on. Also, my signal bars turn white instead of blue. When I use the USB method, it is the actual tether that keeps dropping out. It is switching about every 5 seconds or so, making it completely useless. I have signal for 5 seconds then no signal for about 5.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, is there a fix for it? Or do i need to un root and take this thing back to Verizon?

Any help will be greatly appreciated... Thank you!

HIMDROIDSC

pistacio

Reaction score
This happens to me also. I just right click my connection in Windows, and click repair, it then has a constant connection. Sucks that I have to do that every time, although, i do notice the problem is not there if I disable the wpa key on the network.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

pistacio

Reaction score
When I connect thru easytether, there is no such problem.

OP
H

himdroidSC

Reaction score
Thanks pistacio... I installed easy tether, and all my issues went away. I appreciated the quick response...

pistacio

Reaction score
The full version is $4.99 in Amazon appstore...

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I have had that problem before, but it goes away after a few minutes. Just be patient

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

pistacio

Reaction score
I usually just "repair" the connection, I'll try to just let it sit a few minutes next time and see if it straightens itself out.

Rotkaeqpchen

Reaction score
Hello gang,
I completed the radio hack a couple weeks ago, and all seemed well when I ran the test right after completing the hack. I had not used tethering since then because I usually have no need for it. Today, I actually needed it, but when I tether using either method (wireless or USB), the internet toggles off and on constantly.

When I use the wireless hotspot method, 3G keeps dropping out on me, then back on. Also, my signal bars turn white instead of blue. When I use the USB method, it is the actual tether that keeps dropping out. It is switching about every 5 seconds or so, making it completely useless. I have signal for 5 seconds then no signal for about 5.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, is there a fix for it? Or do i need to un root and take this thing back to Verizon?

Any help will be greatly appreciated... Thank you!

HIMDROIDSC

What RADIO HACK do you mean? Where can I find it and is it for getting better 3G and overall signal quality?

THANKS!

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
What RADIO HACK do you mean? Where can I find it and is it for getting better 3G and overall signal quality?

THANKS!

This hack is for tethering. Its not for better 3g or signal quality.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!