[GUIDE]TBH inspired Free wireless tethering hack instructions for Droid 3

imnotmikal

Reaction score
I briefly skimmed it, looks pretty complicated, and VERY easy to destroy your phone with.
So, it's been said before, but I'll say it as well.
EVERYONE BE CAREFUL WITH THAT PROGRAM AND DON'T MUCK ABOUT IN THE OTHER SETTINGS.

I'll try this some other time when I'm not half a asleep.

OP
L

localmuaythai

Reaction score
I briefly skimmed it, looks pretty complicated, and VERY easy to destroy your phone with.
So, it's been said before, but I'll say it as well.
EVERYONE BE CAREFUL WITH THAT PROGRAM AND DON'T MUCK ABOUT IN THE OTHER SETTINGS.

I'll try this some other time when I'm not half a asleep.

Truth.

Initially i wasnt going to release it but then i thought that wouldnt be fair.

I promise if u follow my instructions u will be surprised at how easy it is.

But just like everyone used to brick updating the radio back in the g1 daya the potential to hurt ypurself is there.

Let me know how it goes, pm me if u hit a snag

edaw104

Reaction score
So I tried, but no luck! Can't get RC to find the phone. Followed the instructions, but i'm running 32 bit windows so a little less errors. I even tried to put it in developer mode after it didn't work and still no luck ;-(

Last edited:

edaw104

Reaction score
It Works thank you. RC usb setting was wrong when i installed just put it in pst usb mode and presto-blamo it works thanks again:icon_ banana:

km75

Reaction score
Thanx for this man. If the instructions are followed to the letter its a very easy hack to do. Working perfectly on my phone as I write this. Once again thanx!!!!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
L

localmuaythai

Reaction score
It Works thank you. RC usb setting was wrong when i installed just put it in pst usb mode and presto-blamo it works thanks again:icon_ banana:

Thanx for this man. If the instructions are followed to the letter its a very easy hack to do. Working perfectly on my phone as I write this. Once again thanx!!!!

Really this is all from Team Black Hat... their awesome work.

But I am very happy to be able to translate their hard work to our Droid 3. :motdroidhoriz:

Again all I ask is that when some dev finally cracks this beast wide open for all of us you guys open your wallets and send SOMETHING.

- faylix / local

PS: I'm not entirely religious but I'm taking the bar exam on wed and Thursday and if you guys wanted to pray for me... :heart:

ACalcutt

Reaction score
This worked. Thanks for posting the link...

TBH and faylix...you are awsome

km75

Reaction score
I was just wondering if following these same steps would work on the droid 2

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ACalcutt

Reaction score

If you read the origional TBH post it looks like it does
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/android-hacks/5156-tbh-droid-3g-hotspot-nvram-hack.html

3rd post in they used to have a patch for the droid 2 (not global)...later on they show the manual method and it seems to be the same.

EDIT: Later on they say it should work on any droid
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...-droid-3g-hotspot-nvram-hack-5.html#post41447

Last edited:

km75

Reaction score

If you read the origional TBH post it looks like it does
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/android-hacks/5156-tbh-droid-3g-hotspot-nvram-hack.html

3rd post in they used to have a patch for the droid 2 (not global)...later on they show the manual method and it seems to be the same.

EDIT: Later on they say it should work on any droid
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...-droid-3g-hotspot-nvram-hack-5.html#post41447

Actually I read the whole post. Dont't know how I missed that part of it. But by reading tbh post and seeing how simple it was to hack my d3 all I was thinking is that this is so simple that I can't see why it wouldn't work on my droid 2. I have everything all set up bcuz I did the hack for my d3. So doing it for the d2 should be really quick. Thanx for the links tho. I feel a lot more confident in giving it a try. Appreciate it!

Big D

Reaction score
I get a pink dot when connected to RC.

This seems like a pretty complicated procedure for the average shmuck.

I'm out, I think.

km75

Reaction score
I get a pink dot when connected to RC.

This seems like a pretty complicated procedure for the average shmuck.

I'm out, I think.

Lol. Its not that complicated. A little intimidating? Maybe. But not difficult at all. I think the hardest work involves getting everything you need set up correctly- ex. correct versions of radiocom, moto drivers etc. Once everything is set up its a piece of cake. After I did the hack on my D3 I did it on my D2 the next day. Wouldn't you know it, once I plugged my D2 into my computer the correct setup was still the same. So all I really had to do was change the numerical values (delete,copy, and paste). Literally took less than 5 minutes. And this is coming from a BELOW average shmuck.