Droid 3 Radiocomm Hack Question

joefuf

Reaction score
I did the radiocomm hack from XDA a while back and it has been working great on my phone. I am currently running Liberty 1.1, and have given thought to flashing a new ROM though. If I were to flash Liberty 3.0 or even change to CM, would the radiocomm hack carry over or would I need to redo the process? I guess what I am unsure of is whether or not the radio kernel(?) is part of a ROM or part of the SBF(?) or something. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Reaction score
I did the hack back when i was running steel droid 2.0 on primary system. Now i'm running maverick rom 3.0 on safemode and i still have the hack. I tested it by letting my buddy play his ps vita tethered to my phone. Worked with no issues.

OP
J

joefuf

Reaction score
I did the hack back when i was running steel droid 2.0 on primary system. Now i'm running maverick rom 3.0 on safemode and i still have the hack. I tested it by letting my buddy play his ps vita tethered to my phone. Worked with no issues.

The hack disguises the phone's tethering activity as normal web data though, so without the extra data, plan you aren't being charged more. Are you sure that you aren't being charged for the extra activity?

pastorgadget

Reaction score
The radio hack is deep in the system, below the ROM level, so it should work with any custom ROM. However, it you download new system software from Verizon, it WILL eliminate the hack, because their system software is more than just the OS, it includes updates to the hardware interface--which is where the radio hack works.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

rvcjew

Reaction score
The radio hack is deep in the system, below the ROM level, so it should work with any custom ROM. However, it you download new system software from Verizon, it WILL eliminate the hack, because their system software is more than just the OS, it includes updates to the hardware interface--which is where the radio hack works.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
unless their OTA has a baseband update it will not touch the radio. EDIT: as far as I know lol.

kkemp

Reaction score
Could you plez help I can't find the instruction for this I got the radio com program just not the instructions

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums