droid 3 software update

akhi216

Reaction score
well, tried formatting sd and still nothing. im giving up.

Did you turn the phone off then turn it back on while holding power and X? Forgive me if I'm missing something, my knowledge is limited. FWIW, you cannot install this update if you are rooted.

Try downloading the update from a computer then transfer it to your phone via USB cable; there may be problems with your 3G signal getting interference. If you are in an area that Verizon has bad reception, and drop to 1X could botch the download and render it unusable.

I know this sounds stupid, but do you have a removable sd card?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Sheffy007

Reaction score
Did you turn the phone off then turn it back on while holding power and X? Forgive me if I'm missing something, my knowledge is limited. FWIW, you cannot install this update if you are rooted.

Try downloading the update from a computer then transfer it to your phone via USB cable; there may be problems with your 3G signal getting interference. If you are in an area that Verizon has bad reception, and drop to 1X could botch the download and render it unusable.

I know this sounds stupid, but do you have a removable sd card?

i did download it from my computer originally. is temp unroot good enough? i'll try that with the formatted sd. and yes it is removable.

akhi216

Reaction score
Hey can you send me the link.

Sorry. I sent it to you but it didn't make it for some reason. Compliments of Crapatalk I guess.

Check your inbox now. It should be there.

apotheosis415

Reaction score
Does it have to be on the SD card? or can it be on internal storage. I moved it to my drop box, copied to "internal storage" using files app. Am I good to go ? previous instructions say it has to be on SD card....

akhi216

Reaction score
i did download it from my computer originally. is temp unroot good enough? i'll try that with the formatted sd. and yes it is removable.

I'm not sure if temp unroot would work. There's only one way to find out, but I'm not rooting my precious baby.

akhi216

Reaction score
Does it have to be on the SD card? or can it be on internal storage. I moved it to my drop box, copied to "internal storage" using files app. Am I good to go ? previous instructions say it has to be on SD card....

No. You HAVE to have it on a removable sd card.

Edit: You have to have it on a removable sd card or the D3 won't have any way to get to it. Go ahead and transfer it back to your external sd card.

akhi216

Reaction score

I'm gonna send you a link again. Check your inbox. I'm guessing that you are either trying to flash the wrong thing or you're rooted. It seems that you're flashing the wrong thing because in your error message it says at the end "package.zip" instead of "update.zip" which I renamed it assuming that you didn't name the update package.zip. Assuming that you weren't rooted when you attempted to flash the update.zip I sent, I'm guessing that it was actually a pkg.zip that you were attempting to flash instead of the one named update.zip that I sent. Make sure you flash the update.zip and tell me the results.

Last edited:

RobbieMan

Reaction score
I'm not sure if temp unroot would work. There's only one way to find out, but I'm not rooting my precious baby.

I was rooted + I had apps frozen and update went fine. Was able to re-root as well.