Droid 3 Huge Success; Sold Out Already On Verizon Online Stores

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, they're selling for 350-450 on Ebay, those are active auctions right now. So you could sell 2 of them easily for the 650ish the Bionic would be off contract.

Motorola | eBay

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, hopefully it's the same or about the same in a month because that's what I'll be doing. I love my Droid 3, but the fact is I'll have 4G in about 3-4months, and I'll want a phone with 4G when I have one. It's not really a necessity to me.. but at the same time, I want the most up to date data.

DC4MVP

Reaction score
I cracked my OG Droid screen pretty bad 3 weeks ago. I tried to limp it through until when the Bionic released to get my upgrade but the OG failed me on Friday.

Since I had insurance via my independent retailer and they couldn't find a replacement OG Droid or Droid 2...they gave me the 3 as the replacement :dancedroid:

So I think I'm going to hold onto the 3 until September and the Bionic's release then make a decision on which phone I'll keep pending reviews on the Bionic. My contract is up anyway so it's really a win/win. I can either keep the 3 or get the Bionic and sell the 3 and cover some of the cost of the Bionic.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep, hopefully it's the same or about the same in a month because that's what I'll be doing. I love my Droid 3, but the fact is I'll have 4G in about 3-4months, and I'll want a phone with 4G when I have one. It's not really a necessity to me.. but at the same time, I want the most up to date data.

Yeah my city already has full 4g coverage, so getting the D3 feels a bit odd, but then again, who knows when the Bionic will actually come out. (I know we have a CEO release date but...rlly..)

kristoff125

Reaction score
I cracked my OG Droid screen pretty bad 3 weeks ago. I tried to limp it through until when the Bionic released to get my upgrade but the OG failed me on Friday.

Since I had insurance via my independent retailer and they couldn't find a replacement OG Droid or Droid 2...they gave me the 3 as the replacement :dancedroid:

So I think I'm going to hold onto the 3 until September and the Bionic's release then make a decision on which phone I'll keep pending reviews on the Bionic. My contract is up anyway so it's really a win/win. I can either keep the 3 or get the Bionic and sell the 3 and cover some of the cost of the Bionic.

You lucky bastard, but yea, my OG droid just broke, so I got 2 on the BOGO for myself and my wife, I think they come wednesday or something.

patfactorx

Reaction score
If it really was a huge success, we would have numbers. Most probably limited shipments which were bogod. Doesn't necessarily mean everyone is clamoring to get d3s....if they were, moto would be bragging about numbers...that being said, yes people still had to choose a d3 in the first place

Android handsets never have sales numbers since most of em are on 1 carrier and the sales would sound slow compared to the iPhone.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it really was a huge success, we would have numbers. Most probably limited shipments which were bogod. Doesn't necessarily mean everyone is clamoring to get d3s....if they were, moto would be bragging about numbers...that being said, yes people still had to choose a d3 in the first place

Android handsets never have sales numbers since most of em are on 1 carrier and the sales would sound slow compared to the iPhone.

Well I guess that depends on what you consider a "huge success" then. It's a safe bet, it's not remotely close to one million our even a half million. If it means they sold out on their shipments which were part of a bogo deal, without having any numbers, I guess it's a "success".

I just find it unlikely that a company would not release numbers if a phone really sold as much as ppl here seem to think the d3 has. Of course if 100,000 is a "success" to you (or something like that), that's fine also haha.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Hasn't Iphone only been available on AT&T for the last 3 years? Doesn't that make your point invalid?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com

Hasn't Iphone only been available on AT&T for the last 3 years? Doesn't that make your point invalid?

Not really since Verizon may carry 3 or 4 "new" Android models as well as older ones. There is only one model of current iPhone...the iPhone 4.

8 people buy a new model Android phone and only 2 are Motorolas. 8 walk in and buy a new iPhone and all 8 are Apple.

Sent from my Viewsonic 10" GTab...CM7 style...

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yeah my city already has full 4g coverage, so getting the D3 feels a bit odd, but then again, who knows when the Bionic will actually come out. (I know we have a CEO release date but...rlly..)

Haha yeah, that's true. Plus for all we know it could be at the end of september. So the waiting 1 more month turns into 2 months.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

donerico

Reaction score
Never-mind the fact, that both Amazon and Wirefly actually had better new individual contract deals on the phone, with $60 and $50 dollars respectively.

why not mention that this deal was only for NEW VERIZON CUSTOMERS and not contract renewals.
I just got this two for one deal at my Verizon store today, and I am an existing customer. I did have two updates available in my family plan though.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Never-mind the fact, that both Amazon and Wirefly actually had better new individual contract deals on the phone, with $60 and $50 dollars respectively.

why not mention that this deal was only for NEW VERIZON CUSTOMERS and not contract renewals.
I just got this two for one deal at my Verizon store today, and I am an existing customer. I did have two updates available in my family plan though.

Yeah I went to do the BOGO with the D3 and realized you needed 2 upgrades to do it.

I was only going to do it to sell both the D3's when the Bionic came out, so no point in wasting 2 upgrades and achieving the same thing.

I estimated I could have sold the D3 I used for 350-375 and the brand new one for 450, so I could have made maybe 100 bucks off the deal by buying the Bionic off contract after I sold them, but using 2 upgrades didn't sit well with me.